Sunday, June 29, 2014

Party in Pavia! June 25, 2014

Ciao tutti!!!!!

So I will be staying in Pavia and training a new missionary.  Whooo!!!!!! I'm actually really excited, but I'm going to be here for soooooooo longgggggg. 5 transfers or 7.5 months. Yikes....at least we have super awesome people here. I don't know anything about the new missionary yet. All I know is that they are a day behind in getting here, so I get to pick him up on Friday instead of Thursday. Other transfer news. Anz Parker is going to Livorno, Anz Valencia is going to Merate (which is still in our zone), and Sorella Baer is going to Firenze to die (term that means finish her mission and return home).  She's super brava. Anywho, Anz Salmon's new comp is Anz Erickson. Yes. THAT Anz Erickson. My MTC comp/Anz Salmon's old comp. We are literally so excited to have the whole band back together. All we're missing is Anz Treadway. haha. So on Thursday I get to be a trio with those two goofballs, so we're pretty stoked. I'm going to miss everyone that's leaving, but that's life. So oh well, we move on. haha

As you guys already know, we had 2 baptisms this week!!!! YEAH!!!!!!! The De Simone family got baptized! And wow....what a baptismal service. Presidente Dibb came literally right after getting off a plane from America, and he loved it. The spirit was so strong. Anz Parker and I sang "Families Can Be Together Forever" and people literally started bawling. It probably didn't help that we were both dressed in white because we were preforming the baptisms. But oh well! haha. Then I got the honor of baptising Simona. It was so cool!!!! Then the next day, I got to confirm Max, and after, I had like 4 or 5 members come up to me and tell me that they felt the spirit really strong during it and that my Italian was perfect! It didn't sound any different to me, but alright! I'll take it! haha. My Italian has gotten a lot better in the past few days. Its weird. Like, I magically can put into practice the things that I already knew, but maybe wasn't really good at saying earlier. Who knows. Gift of tongues alright.

Besides that amazing baptism, yesterday we had the opportunity to sit down with the children of the De Simone family, and talk about what they thought about the baptism, about church, about the gospel and what not. We ended up teaching a really good lesson on the Book of Mormon. They are all interested in learning more about the church, so we invited them all to read in the Book of Mormon everyday, and they accepted. They are really good kids and I know that its only a matter of time before they are baptized as well. We are really focusing on them and making sure that they understand everything, so that they can use their agency properly to choose to follow the savior and his teachings.

Besides that, Anz Parker's been sick the past week, so we've been inside for a lot of the time. Then when we had lessons planned, I would scambio with one of the other anz to go teach it and them come back home. Got a lot of time to just sit and read the scriptures, or do some soccer drills for a couple hours. I was kinda bored. haha. Oh well. Then, its also been super hot and humid lately. It's currently pouring, so that's always fun. so we are basically always wet here in Pavia. Poor greenie (term for new missionary). haha

So earlier, I talked about President Dibb coming to our baptism, and when he called me to be a trainer on Monday, he was still talking about that baptism. He also told me in an email, that our coppia lead the mission in the month of June for number of investigators in church. Sweet. Then he told the AP's (who then told me) that "if this mission was a business, Anz Parker and Langlois....employees of the month". That's pretty cool right? The Lord really has blessed us this past transfer. 3 baptisms in 1 week? That's pretty crazy. I know the Lord has a lot in store for me and my newbie, so I'm excited to get to work and keep on baptising!

Thank you so much for your emails and love. The only think that I can think of that I need would be more Clear Care. If I think of anything else, I will let you know. I'm pretty sure I will still be here in Pavia when Pat gets here, so we'll see. Also, random question, but can one of you look up the song "Savior, Redeemer of my Soul" and find the piano music? Not the version in the hymn book, but the one that is the main theme of 17 Miracles. I really like that song and I've wanted to sing it a couple times at stuff, but I don't have the music. Thanks!

Italy is out of the world cup, but America is still in. I think we are going to do great this year. Germany won't know what hit them! Dodgers are doing well, so that's always good. Pretty much everyone is talking about the world  cup right now, so that's always fun. Go AMERICA!!!!!!! haha

The De Simone family is looking for a immigration lawyer in Utah. Like Salt Lake City. Simona got some really cool revelation the other night, when she said that she thinks they need to go to Utah. So if you could keep looking that would be awesome. They have a new email, so I need to grab that for you guys. 

Lizzy, I loved your email and its crazy how old you are now. Who said you could grow up??? Not me! haha. But I totally understand your Jr year pains. Senior year is awesome. but make sure you don't get senioritis like Sean. haha. I love your emails and I miss you tons. Loved the picture of Dad sleeping. Classic Joe moment. haha. Keep up the good work and have a great summer! and way to finish the BoM!!! WHOO!!!!! Start reading it again now! hahaha

I'm sorry that I never have enough time, or when I do my computer is lame, but pictures will come. I promise. I'm trying.

I hope you all have a great week! I love you all. You guys rock.

Anziano Langlois

No comments:

Post a Comment