Sunday, June 29, 2014

Makin' A Splash June 18, 2014

Ciao tutti!!!

Well......WE BAPTIZED NELSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was such an awesome experience. Literally, he was so happy, I was happy, Anz Parker was happy, the De Simones were happy, EVERYONE was happy!!! I'm so grateful that he got baptized. He is so davvero bravo, like he's seriously the tops. (Sorry, I've kinda picked up some weird slang from Slla Baer). 

Any who, lots of miracles this week. It was literally crazy and went by super fast. This past Saturday, we baptized Nelson, and it was amazing. When he bore his testimony after, he talked about how he felt this really "cool" feeling that he couldn't describe. He already had a super strong testimony, but it just got even stronger after he got baptized and received the Holy Ghost. He is a great member missionary already, so we are really working with him to teach his friends and his family. Then, the amazing De Simone family, passed their baptismal interviews, so they will be baptized this Saturday at 7:00 here in Pavia. We are so excited for them. After church on Sunday, Simona asked us to come over this week and really talk about the priesthood, because she recognizes how important it is and she really wants Max to understand it. Call it inspiration, but we were already planning on teaching about that. So yesterday, we had a really great lesson with them at their house about the priesthood and how important it is and how it will bless their lives. They are already excited to go to the temple to get sealed to together, so they really want us to focus on teaching their kids, so they can all be sealed together. That is our next goal here with this family. In fact, Matteo, the youngest, after the baptism of Nelson, went up to Sorella Mc Cann and told her that he was probably going to be baptized in a few months, because "it does free you of your sins" (those were his exact words). That's a smart 10 year old secondo me. 

So we are super pumped for their baptism this weekend. They are super pumped as well. And speaking of them, did you guys ever hear anything from the BYU law school? Also, do you guys know of any truck or bus driving jobs? I know that sounds weird, but Max has an international license, so he can do that kinda of stuff. Sorry, I keep asking for this kinda stuff, but I'm just trying to help them as much as I can. I know that the Lord will help them do what he needs them to do, but I'm just trying to do whatever I can here to help. I guess getting them baptized is a good start. haha.

Well, besides those awesome baptism miracles, we started teaching this other family from Benin (Africa). The mom only speaks French and Foh (some dialect) so we have to use the dad and son to translate, but she seems really interested. We are going to see them again on Thursday to watch the Restoration film in French. Should be fun. I know I'm called to speak Italian, but I'm learning some French, Spanish, and random African dialects. It's super fun. And speaking of random dialects, I got a call from the Anz Gainer the other day because he found a Book of Mormon in Quechua and he thought it was Quechee (I forgot how to spell it) and he wanted to give it to me. haha. That would have been cool. But dad, did you guys have the Book of Mormon in Quechee? Or what did you do? I don't know why I've never asked this before. haha.

OK, but here's the fun part. So basically, we had a super weird week. Last Wednesday, we went to Muggiò to play some soccer. After playing, we scambioed with the capi to do the De Simone's baptism interviews. Oh random note, they told me that the restaurant "Toscany" in Westlake is super authentic Italian food. But expensive. Just a heads up. Any who, so we are on our way back and the sorelle call us. They were asking where we were so we could help them with their spesa, because Sorella Baer got bit by a bug and her ankle was super swollen and hurt a lot. Unfortunately we couldn't help them, but then they call me back and tell me that they are going to the Pronto Soccorso (ER). I told them to keep me updated which they did. The crazy thing is, around 10:30, they called us to tell us that they wouldn't be home anytime soon, so they called President and we were suppose to go walk them home from the ER. So we walked there (about 30 min walk) then sat with them in the ER for 4 hours. Then we had to get them home and Slla Baer couldn't walk, so we called a taxi and got them home, and then walked home. We got home around 3:30ish in the morning, so that was pretty exciting. It was actually really fun and I'm glad we went, because the sorelle had been there for already 3 hour waiting. Gotta love free health care. Everyone and their cat is in pronto soccorso. So we slept in a little bit, but then had to go to the baptismal interviews. They passed. super awesome! Then this week, we've basically been trying to help Slla Baer feel better, because she doesn't want to sit still and let it heal. But she's doing a lot better now. I love our Sorelle, they are so awesome. But yeah, so we've had a really weird week. But its all worth it, because we're serving the Lord.

Basically, its a party here in Pavia. I can't believe my year mark is past, that's crazy, but more importantly, I can't believe that another transfer has flown past. Transfers are next week. That's nuts. I'm per forza getting a new comp. We don't know if they will close a coppia or not, but if they do, it might be Anz Salmon and I back together. Super fun. haha. Who knows what will happen. I'm probably staying here as District Leader, but we'll see. You never know what the Lord has in store for you. haha.

Happy late birthday Lizzy and Sean!!!! Happy late father's day Dad. You're so awesome! You are such a great example to me. Thank you for your support and your letters. Thank you for teaching me the importance of real home teaching. Of serving others before thinking of yourself. You've taught me so much and I can't thank you enough. I'm looking forward to home teaching again with you when I get home.

The world cup is crazy right now. GO USA!!!!!! We have some new converts from Ghana, so when I called them after the game, they were sad. It was funny because the day of the game, Comfort, the wife, was talking some hard core smack at us. I think our players responded in the perfect way. haha. I love them so much, and don't worry, I didn't rub it into their face too much. hahaha.

GO KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 times in 3 years. We kinda rock. Love my boys. These playoffs sounded crazy, so I only wish I could have seen them. Oh well. And Italy actually cares about the Spurs winning here because one of the players on the Spurs is the first Italian to win the NBA finals. Auguri. haha. Thanks for the updates. Keep them coming.

I love you all so much and I hope you all have a great week! I'm still working on getting you guys pics. So hold on. They're coming. 

Vi voglio un sacco di bene!
Anziano Langlois

No comments:

Post a Comment