Sunday, August 24, 2014

Kids Say the Dardest Things July 2, 2014

Ciao tutti!

Well, we had another great week here in beautiful Pavia. Love this city. City of Dreams. Just some more daily miracles and blessings and adventures and what not.

But first of all, I have my greenie (brand new missionary) finally. They were delayed by 24 hours so on Thursday, I spent the night in Milano with Anz Taylor, a super awesome kid who is also training. He was down in Firenze when I was in Prato, so we're already good buds. Any who, so we picked up the new missionaries from the mission office on Friday and we went right to work. My new companion is Anz Johnson. He's from Maine, but lived in North Wales for 7 years so he has citizenship there. Turns out we probably knew each other at BYU. Crazy stuff. He would ride his bike down to our hall in Helaman because he was friends with Bennett, my neighbor. So turns out, I've seen him before. Crazy, right? It like Anz Walker, speaking of him, he is still in the mission. He gets home in September. He's in the same group as Anz Salmon.

But Anz Johnson is a really good kid. He speaks pretty well, but he's struggling a little to understand people (which is natural at first). I only speak to him in Italian outside the house, and he always says "oh, si?" Like he understood what I said, but then a few hours later I will refer back to something I said, and he gets mad at me for never telling him. Then he asks me if I said it in Italian, I say yes, and then he tells me "oh, then I just didn't understand you when you said it". haha.  He's a goofy kid.  He's pretty young too. Just turned 19 in January, but he's done two years at BYU because he graduated early.

Well, this week we had a huge miracle. Yesterday, we taught the De Simone children and we set baptism dates with all 3 of them for  the 26th of July!!! We are soooo pumped!!! And when we called President Dibb to tell him last night, he was so excited (which is saying something, he's pretty stoic, haha). It's crazy how much the Lord blesses his servants. I'm just so grateful to be a part of his great work.

We also went to go visit a girl in the hospital who's mom is a member, and the daughter would be too, but the doctors said that her body can't undergo the stress of baptism. She has leukemia and she's really sweet. She's turning 18 in a few days, and this will be her second birthday in the hospital, so we want to do something special for her. When we went to visit her, we had to dress up in hairnets, gowns, gloves, shoe things and we looked great. haha. Anz Salmon and I sang her a song. Then we sat and talked to her for 30 min or so. She's really cool. We tried to tell some jokes in Italian....they kinda failed. haha. Oh yeah! I totally forgot to mention. Her and her mom are from Venezuela, so they speak Spanish. I understood them when they spoke to me, but I kinda failed trying to speak back to them in Spanish. Whoops. Kinda forgot my Spanish. haha
 

I also had the opportunity to give two blessings this week to sorelle in my district. It was a really awesome and humbling experience, like always, to give a priesthood blessing. I'm so grateful for the power of the priesthood. I literally love being able to give people blessings. One of the sorelle would not stop thanking me for the blessing I gave. I really don't remember what I said, but I think it was what she needed to hear. The Lord really does work through his servants. I testify of that.

Besides all of that, there is nothing to report. haha. I'm super jealous of your vacation. It sounds dope! 

Thanks so much for the Youth Conference report Lizzy. It sounds like you had a great experience. Now just don't forget it OK?  haha. It's so important to remember the spirit that you felt and then to continue on and work to keep that spirit with you.  I couldn't listen to the video because I don't have headphones, but I bet its super funny.

Sad to hear that America lost.....ahh......oh well.....pazienza. haha. The fact that the Dodgers are in first is super awesome!!!! GO DOYERS!!! (do you remember those drunk guys in front of us that kept yelling that?) haha.

Hey, so any more news on that genealogy info I asked for/pics? If you could get that to me as soon as possible that would be awesome. Thanks!

Well, life here on the mission is awesome. I love being a missionary. I am trying as we speak to send pictures, so hopefully it works.

I love you all so much!!! Have a great week!

Anziano Langlois

PS. Well, still no luck on the pics. I'm TRYING!!!!!! I'll figure it out one of these days. Sorry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment