Sunday, August 31, 2014

What A Wet July July 30, 2014

Ciao tutti!!!!!

Well, its been quite wet here in Pavia during the month of July. Between our 2 baptisms this past Saturday and the really weird summer that we've been having here. So usually, its really hot and gross at this point, but it hasn't been like that recently. It's been rainy one day, then hot the next, then rainy again, then cloudy like today and basically all of the Italians are going crazy. They need their sun. haha. I'm appreciative, because it hasn't been that hot, so we're not dying outside. 

Any who, lets talk about that baptism we had this past week. Two of the kids got baptized this week. The father baptized one of them (soooo cool!!!!!) and Anz Salmon baptized the other kid. We keep joking around because I've given Anz Salmon a confirmation and a baptism now. He says that I'm just paying him back for how good of a job he did at training me. haha. I took a lot of pictures and I wanted to send them today, but we are at a different internet point today, because our other one was broken. Go figure. haha. So next week. But we are super excited here in Pavia. I can't believe how long I've been here, however, I can't believe how fast its flown by!!! We are almost done with this transfer! That's crazy!! The other thing I was thinking about was the fact that the Lord has blessed me so much here in Pavia. I've had 5 baptisms now in 5 months. That's crazy. It's just like I said when I left Prato, I know the Lord needs me in Pavia, and now I know why exactly he needed me here. The Lord works in strange ways, but He sure knows what he's doing. 

In other news, we are really good at throwing birthday parties here in Pavia. haha. We've had a lot of birthdays since I've been here and we always do something for the person. This past week, we celebrated the birthday of this member who's daughter is in the hospital. She is so selfless and is always thinking of her daughter, so she was really touched when we came over with a card and flowers and other small gifts from members to celebrate her special day. It was really special and heart warming. I love serving people. Its the best!!!

In sillier news, we went bowling last week in Merate with Anz Valencia and his companion. It was super fun and I won, so that's always good. I really like bowling. haha.  Back when I was in Prato, I promised Anz Windley that I would talk to him on his year mark. I didn't know how I was going to do it because he was in Verona, outside of our zone, but I still wanted to do it. I called the Assistants because I needed to talk to them anyway, check up on how their week was going, and they told me that they were actually in Verona. What luck!!!! So they passed the phone to Anz Windley and I was able to talk to him for a few minutes. It was so great. He's so awesome. I miss that kid.

That sounds like a great week with Lizzy dad. I can't wait until I randomly run into Italians, it will be too much fun. I love this language! So cool. I still can't understand opera though, because its just hard to understand the words they are saying when they sing all opera like. I hope she has a great time at girls camp. Try not to go stir crazy by yourself for a few days Dad. haha. 

That's really cool that you gave a talk in the Spanish branch. I wish we had an Italian branch at home, then I could give talks all the time! haha. That's so crazy that Brandon finishes his mission this week. Wow...time flies. And I didn't know Sabrina was getting married. That's awesome. Tell her congrats from me. 

I'm sad to hear that we lost the Russon's and the Bateman's. I love both of them. But I'm glad to hear that new people are moving in. Yay!!! I'm really sad to here that Peggy moved away. I hope we can find out where she went. It's always sad when someone distances themselves from the church. 

Thank you for those talks dad. President Dibb must have read them as well, because he's already put some of that stuff into action! haha. I know that we are lead by inspired leaders. This church is guided by Jesus Christ and we are so lucky to have such easy access to the words of his prophets and apostles. We should never take this for granted.

Well, I love you all so much and I hope you all have a great  week like always. Keep us missionaries in your prayers and pray for our investigators and more importantly, that we can find more!!!
Statemi bene!
Anziano Langlois

No comments:

Post a Comment