Sunday, August 24, 2014

Like the Good Old Days July 9, 2014

Ciao tutti!

Well, another week passes by here in the mission field. Everyday I get older and everyday my testimony grows like a billion times every day. Having miracles every day "aaaaand loving it".

First of all, I'm super jealous of your vacation, it sounds like so much fun. We are going to have a little bit of an adventure here ourselves today. We are back in Lecco to hike up the mountain again. Its a perfectly clear day so expect some good photos, when I finally get them to you. We might go a little bit higher, so it should be good. 

But lets get into those miracles! 

This week, like every week, has been full of awesome miracles. Last night in particular. Yesterday, I was on a scambio with Anz Erickson and we had a great day. We taught 3 member present lessons and then we planned to walk home from English class instead of taking the bus. This turned out to be a super good idea. We stopped everyone that walked past (it was only a few people, but oh well), and we stopped this woman and started talking about families. She loved her family so she was willing to talk, then when we started talking about Jesus Christ, she told us that she was trying to change her life right now and find out who she is. We set up a return appointment with her and got to say a prayer with her. We were super excited, but then we kept talking to people and we talked to this man just standing on the street. His name was Mario and he was super nice. He told us that he is catholic and will never change, but after we taught him the Restoration in 5 minutes, he told us that he wish he could have both religions, because he really liked the things we were saying. When we tried to set up a return appointment, he just invited us inside his house to meet the rest of his family! We met his wife, son, daughter, son in law, and grandson. They were all super nice and we got to bear some testimony about eternal families. They are about to go on vacation, but they said that we are welcome to come by any time when they get back. It was crazy!!! We couldn't believe it. We taught 2 lessons on the street in a matter of 30 minutes, just  by walking home. I know that when we planned to do that, it was inspired.  I'm so grateful for Anz Erickson and his decision to follow that prompting.

Anz Johnson is doing well. He keeps me on my toes. haha. Anz Salmon and Erickson are way too much fun. Some times I think, what was president thinking putting us all back together? haha. We get work done, but we have fun while doing it.

I'm super pumped to hear about Atticus! I'm so glad that he's doing well. Please send my love and support to Erin, Dan, and Atticus. I can now tell people that I have another nipote! WHoo!!! 

Thank you so much in advance from the De Simone family for the lawyer. They are so awesome and literally the best members ever. In fact, a lawyer in Provo is perfect because they are looking at restaurants in Orem right now. They are so excited to go, we are just praying that everything goes well. The lord knows what they need and where they need to be and they know that, so we'll see what happens.

When I saw the score today of the game last night, my jaw dropped. That is ridiculous. 7-1. Germany is unstoppable right now. Holy moly.

Oh yeah!!! We had literally one of the craziest storms come through Pavia the other day. Luckily we were inside when it hit. We couldn't see anything through the intense rain and hail. The wind ripped up trees and 2 people actually died. It was nuts. It was crazy for about 30 minutes, then it just stopped. The Sorelle's apartment kinda flooded a bit. Our's was fine, but it was crazy. Anz Johnson and I took pictures next to the hail piles. It literally looked like snow. It was crazy.

Other things that were excited and cool happened, but I don't remember them at the moment. haha. Sorry.

 I love you all so much. Send my love to everyone you see and tell them that I miss them, but there is no place I'd rather be right now than beautiful Pavia in Italia.

Keep telling me awesome stories and I will work super hard to get you some pictures to match my crazy ones.

Vi voglio bene!
Anziano Langlois
 
PS Totally forgot something really cool!

For 4th of July, we bought lanterns and wrote inspired letters and attached them. Then we let them go over the river. It looked awesome. They went super high and far away. Lets hope someone calls us! haha. It was Anz Salmon's idea. Love him.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment