Monday, August 25, 2014

Allora, Ci Sono Due Brioche Dentro Un Forno... July 23, 2014

Ciao tutti!!!

Well, in case you were wondering, yes, yes it is very hot here right now. I feel like I'm in a humid oven. It's pretty gross. I'm going to be honest, but oh well. At least the mosquitoes are here to keep up company. haha.

Despite all the heat and zanzare, the week has been good. I made some lasagna, in fact, 2 different types of lasagna, and might I say, I think it was pretty good. However, I can cook more than lasagna and tiramisù. Thanks guys for having such faith in my cooking skills. Angelyn wrote me and told me that you are making fun of my cooking expertise. Well, the Lord sent me to Italy for a reason, and that might have been to learn how to cook. haha.

Before I go on, we are going to be having some baptisms this week!!! WHOO!!!!!!! 2 of the 3 kids of that new convert family are getting baptized on Saturday. The kid who's not getting baptize (yet) is really bravo, but just needs some more time. That's no problem. We'll keep right on him and help him find his answer. Please pray for this family, because Satan is working really hard on them!!! They are completely unfazed because they are the most elect people ever, but still, a pray now and then, wouldn't hurt.

Well, time for an interesting and fun story. Mom, don't worry. Nothing happened, but the other week, we had a guy come up to us and ask us for a Book of Mormon. We gave it to him and met with him on Monday. The lesson went great. No problems. We then went over to see him on Friday, and he didn't have time, but he gave us a folded piece of paper and told us to read it. We thought that he found anti-Mormon stuff on the internet, but boy, we're we wrong. Basically, this letter he "wrote" us made zero sense. It had some weird symbols on it and random things underlined. I showed it to our bishop, and he said it literally made no sense (like I thought). So basically, yeah. That was pretty weird. It still makes me laugh. haha

Any who, we had a fun week like I already said. We are working, sweating, and getting bit by zanzare. This past week, we started a weekly game of calcio with our ward to invite less actives and investigators to. It was super fun!!! However, we did not choose the right time to do it. We literally picked the hottest part of the the hottest day this week. And we were playing on a concrete court, so we were baking. haha. We still had fun anyway, but this week, we are going to play in the evening. 

OK, so I actually had a couple questions for your guys. 1. how's finding all of that genealogy stuff coming along? Don't forget pictures! 2. I read a talk from this past conference about knowing our pioneer heritage, and it made me think, I don't know Dad's conversion story. So Dad, if you could write me just a little paragraph or so about how you met the church and your conversion, that would be awesome. And 3, I know mom was born into the church, so I wanted to know if you knew the story of the person who was first converted in that line of the family. If you could do that for me, that would be awesome. I'm really trying to use more personal experiences in my teaching, because it brings the spirit, and the more I know about my ancestors, the better!!

Atticus looks adorable, but why is he wearing mittens? That might be the newest trend in the baby world of fashion, so bo, I don't know. haha

Thank you so much for the talk summaries dad. It's always cool to hear the advice that the apostles give. President Dibb is doing a great job in those areas already. He is such a great man. I love him so much. He is doing such a great job leading this mission in the way that the Lord wants it to go.

Well, I don't know what else to say at the moment, so I guess I will just end by saying how much I love you all. Thank you for your prayers and your support. I know that this is where the Lord needs me. I'm so grateful to be serving him here in Italia. I love it here so much. I love the people and I love this beautiful country.

I hope you all have a great week. I love you so much! Always remember the people on both sides of the veil rooting for you!

Fieramente, 
Anziano Langlois








PS These last 2 pictures are from our English class last night. We started in the top left hand corner with me reading a book under the tree, and then it just got crazy. We basically played "who's line is it anyway", and each person added one sentence. It got pretty crazy. Good luck following it
 

No comments:

Post a Comment