Sunday, January 18, 2015

This Zone Is On Fire! January 14, 2015

Ciao tutti!!!!

First of all, sorry I've been kinda lame on sending pictures. haha. My bad. I keep forgetting. But I am taking them, so don't worry. Eventually you'll see what Ravenna looks like. 

As for Sorella Snow, yes. I do know her. She's been trained by two of my favorite missionaries, both named Sorella Carter ironically. haha. I guess when I see her next, I will tell her that somehow we know who she is. haha.

I did know about the big all of Italy fast on the 25th. Yeah, Italy is kinda lame sometimes and Satan is working really hard to stop this temple, so if you want to fast with the rest of Italy, you are welcome too. But I'm technically not suppose to ask you to partake in special fasts, so I'm not telling you to do it, I'm just telling you about it. haha.

That sounds like a weird new rule in the NFL dad. But I guess they need to get more precise. I figured Ohio state would win. Oregon kinda chokes a lot. Good news about BYU BB. Keep me updated. 

And since we are on the subject of worldly things, I got your package. The AP's surprised me with it when they came down to scambio us. Which was super fun by the way. When we were trying to rescambio, it was a huge mess. Anz Cardullo got the cops called on him and his comp, because they suoned the wrong house and this crazy guy lived there. Then we tried to meet up and the GPS took us to the middle of nowhere, so we had to change addresses and we ended up rescambioing in the middle of this field on the side of  this small road. It was pretty funny. haha. I love the mission.

Last thing, so what is the deal with my license renewal? Do I have to do something special for that? 

Also, I love when people send ME pictures, even though I'm lame at sending them. haha. 

Alright, now on to the stuff that actually matters. haha. 

 This past Sunday we were at church when all of a sudden one of our members came up to us and asked us if we could come to his house that night to dinner, because he had invited two nonmember families that he wanted us to meet. We went over and when we showed up, unfortunately, neither of the two families came. Our member apologized to us, but then a real miracle happened. Another member family that was invited brought a friend! His name is Giuseppe and after just starting a casual conversation before dinner, he started telling me about his religious life and ideas and how he was confused in his life. After dinner, we shared the story of Joseph Smith and then we gave him a LdM and plan of salvation pamphlet. He was very grateful for our gift to him and I tried to get his phone number, but he wouldn't give it to me, but told me that we could contact each other through the member family. The Lord still provided a way for us to get a new contact, even after the first one fell through. Looks like Heavenly Father makes backup plans too. haha

I wanted to give you a report on our zone right now. We were very concerned with our zone because in the month of Dicembre, we did not do so great. But calling around the zone this week, there have been so many miracles. This past week, our zone found 13 new investigators, which doesn't sound like much, but that was more than half the number of investigators we found last month. So that was a HUGE improvement. The Rimini Sorelle in particular are doing an amazing job. They found 4 new investigators last week and when I called them on Monday night to congratulate them, they blew me away by telling me that they had also found 2 MORE new investigators just that day. It was incredible. They are doing such a great work. They are continuing to get referrals from members and are really building their teaching pool. As you already know, the Ancona Anziani had 15 investigators in church this past week, which was a huge miracle for them. I am very happy with the zone right now. They are doing such a great job and are really pushing their limits and seeing miracles as a result.

I love this zone so much!!!!  They are so awesome! It is such a cool blessing to be able to travel around the zone and "rub shoulders" with the other missionaries as dad says. haha. I'm really going to miss being a zone leader. It's so much fun. 

Another cool little miracle happened last night when I was filling out our area book. While I was filling out the teaching record for one investigator, I remembered that I had given the daughter of that family a talk to read, and I wanted to check up if she had read it, because a week or so had gone past. So I texted her and she immediately texted us back telling us that she was reading it right at the very moment. It was crazy!!! I'm psychic!! She loved the talk, which was great, but I just thought it was so cool that I got that impression to text her right at that moment. Pretty cool, huh?

Well, there are always a ton of things to say and not enough time, but please know that I love you all and I thank you for your prayers and support!

Statemi bene!
Anziano Langlois

No comments:

Post a Comment