Sunday, November 2, 2014

Explosion in Ravenna October 15, 2014

Ciao tutti!!!!

Don't worry, nothing bad happened. It's just a reference to the work here right now. It's going great!

First things first, CHRIS GOT MARRIED?!?!?!?!? That's nuts!!!!! I'm so pumped for him!! Freak. I was not expecting that one. haha. Sean falling asleep with his horsie to Tellitubbies, I can kinda expect that one. haha. I love you man. If you make it back here in Dicembre, I'm probably still going to be here in Ravenna, but who knows. I'll keep you updated.

Business first. Thank you again for sending that form to Sorella Harmer. I think that should be fine, but I'll let you know if they want a hard copy. I need to start thinking about classes soon. OH boy...fun stuff. But as for housing, I've been talking to my buddies from BYU about that, and we are kind of organizing something. Basically, we know we want to live together, but we don't know where or how. haha. I just need someone to look at housing for me, because I can't really from here. I might be able to get permission from Pres, but I don't know. Bo...

Speaking of driving, it's still awesome. Driving in Italy is kinda like driving in LA, but slightly more crazy. You have to be super alert all the time. I don't have an Italian license because they are really hard to get, but my California one works according to the office. I know mine expires in March, which is fine. If we can renew it through that form, that would be great, so just let me know.

I don't have to buy gas with my own money, so that's really nice. I always like more money, but I'm really trying to not buy a ton of things. I have no idea how much money I have though. However, January will be my last saldi, so I will need money so I can buy lots of stuff for really cheap before I go home.

I'm really glad at least Sylvia reads my blog. haha. I hope people like it. Sometimes I feel like I just "ramble on" (Led Zepplin shout out). Sorry, I was just on a scambio with Anz Rutter from my MTC group. He also loves Led, so we talked a lot about it. haha. He's a totally rock star. He played me some of his music he's written on his guitar, and he's super talented. Some good stuff.

Before I forget, I want to give a shout out to Mom, Annie, and Jess for their birthday on Saturday. I hope it's an amazing day! You are all great!!!!

I haven't run into Anz West yet, but if I ever do, I bet I will forget how I kinda know him. haha.

MIRACLE TIME!!!!!!!

In addition to the 26 lessons we taught this week, 12 being while on scambio with the AP's, our miracle is actually kind of the Sorelle's miracle. Don't worry, I'll explain. We were on our way to a lesson when a random number called us. It was a woman who had come to our English class last year and actually received a blessing from the Anziani a year ago. She saw one of our fliers and decided to call us. She told us that she would not be able to come to English class on Wednesday nights, but still wanted to practice her English, so we gave her number to the Sorelle right after the call, and they called her that day and set up an appointment for that evening. At the appointment, they taught her the Restoration and she accepted a baptismal date. It was a huge miracle for both of us. The Sorelle have been doing some amazing work lately and they've passed us a few investigators in the past few weeks and we really wanted to return the favor. Our prayer was answered, and we were able to pass back someone to the wonderful Sorelle who really deserve it.

Another great miracle is this family that we just re-picked up when I first got here. The wife just had a really bad accident where the doctors said that she might not walk ever again, but she has made a miraculous recovery and the husband is really opening up the gospel as a result of it. This family is amazing and they came to church this week and are coming again next week! We are so blessed to be there to help them. We came by just at the right time to help them get their lives back in order. I love missionary work.

Random comments time. The other day, we went with our members to pick chestnuts. I can honestly say that I've never even thought of doing that, but it was so much fun!!! Chestnuts however are covered in a spiky shell when they fall of the tree, so I got my hands stabbed a lot. But it was really fun to wonder through the beautiful Italian hills harvesting chestnuts. I'll send some pics. Also, Polson and I climbed to the top of the mountain and got an amazing view from the top. I also found an oak tree there, so I took a picture. TO pride!!!! haha

Then the other day when I went on scambio, we went for our scambio treat to this American restaurant called American Graffiti. Yes, just like the movie. It was so 50's diner. Dad, you would have loved it. I got an "Elvis Milk Shake" which had bananas, chocolate, and peanut butter. haha. It was awesome. Just like the good old times on road trips, stopping at all that "local color". haha.

Well, this week, just like all the rest is going by way to fast. I can't believe we are in week 4 already. It's crazy. Time is flying past.

I love you all and I hope you all have an amazing week!!

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Statemi bene,
 Anziano Langlois
This is from an earlier hospital visit in Pavia.  I believe it has something ti do with Lord of the Rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment