Sunday, November 16, 2014

Wait...What Happened?? November 5, 2014

Ciao tutti!!!!

Alright, let me just start off by saying, a lot of things happen every day, but when I come to write my email, I don't remember any of them. I usually run over my journal before I come and write down notes about things to talk about, but today, I didn't have time because we went with our entire zone (minus the sorelle) to San Marino. It was super windy and kinda rainy, but still really fun. A bunch of the guys bought swords. Silly goofs. I don't have room for a samurai sword in my luggage. haha. We went to this fancy restaurant there because no one was there and it wasn't that expensive. After talking to the hostess for a couple of minutes, she complimented me on my Italian and was shocked to hear that I've only been here for a year and a half. Now, before you say anything dad, yes, I know. Never be satisfied. Don't worry. I'm studying my Language every single day (when we have time). It's so weird to think that I perfectly understand a differently Language that I never even studied until a year and a half ago. Talk about the gift of tongues. Speaking of that, I Always think about you dad when that man on your mission asked you if you believe in the gift of tongues. haha.

Well, this week has had a ton of miracles. We are working with this man from Kazakhstan who knew the Church and the missionaries there. This past Sunday, during the fast and testimony meeting, he kept on turning over to me to tell me that he really liked that testimony, or to share some positive comment. After Church, we taught him a lesson and he told us that he really liked fast and testimony meeting. After a great lesson talking about the Restoration, we answered some of his concerns about the Book of Mormon, and then he told us that he wants to be a member of this Church. Not only that, but a perfect member. He really has a great desire to gain a testimony for himself and he is really putting in his effort to read the book of Mormon and pray about the truthfulness of it.

This past Monday, we went up to Milano for consiglio (I drove both ways...boy that was tiring, but fun) and I got to see Anz Andersen and Windley who both just went capo. I love those guys so much. They are so much fun. They haven't changed a bit. But that's not the important part. So we Always have trainings from the AP's and Pres and what not, but this time, It was different. We were talking about Always finding people on buses and trains and whatnot, so what we did instead of a lecture, was they gave us each bus or metro tickets and assigned us to a metro or bus line and told us to not come back until lunch. It was awesome! Anz Polson and I have no idea where this bus route was, but after we found it we started talking to this lady standing at the stop. After she figured out that we were "Mormons" she asked us if we knew her cousin. No joke, I knew her. Her cousin is the Relief Society president in Pavia. Where I spent 7 months, if you don't remember, so I knew her super well. I immediately said a prayer of thanks in my heart and we started talking to her about her life and whatnot. We rode the bus together to the capolinea and got off and talked to her from about 20 minutes. At the end we invited her to Church and she said she would come! We got her contact info and passed it to the sorelle there in Milano, one of which, happens to be Sorella Carter from my Group (who is finished her mission this transfer.....super weird....I'm old), who also served in Pavia, so she knows this lady's cousin as well. It was literally the coolest miracle ever!!!! I was so pumped and it blew Slla Carter's mind. haha. I can testify that the Lord places people in our path. It was not by chance that we got assigned to that bus route and we chose that random bus stop.

In other news, I wanted to share a story with you from the New Testament. It's found in Matt 19. It's the story of the Young rich man who goes to Jesus and asks him how to get eternal life. Christ responds by telling him to keep the commandments, but after the Young rich man proudly tells him that he has Always kept those from his Youth up, he asks a very profound and soul searching question: "what lack I yet?". Perhaps the boy did not realize the depth of his honest question, but we can all learn something really important from this simple question. The Lord responds by telling him to sell his riches and give to the poor, but that is not the answer for all of us. In fact, the Lord was telling this specific man, the specific thing that he needed to change in his life. This question is linked with a personal commandment. I know that if we humbly ask the Lord this question in our lives, we will find a great opportunity to grow and become more like Christ. It won't be easy to change that one thing, just like how it wasn't easy for the rich man to sell all of his riches, but I can tell you, from the bottom of my heart, that it is Worth it. So this is my invite to you. I want you all to look deep down inside yourselves and humbly ask this question, "What lack I yet?" and then do all that you can to change that one aspect of your life and I promise you that you will see joy in your life that you didn't know was possible. You will find strength Beyond your own. I know, because I have seen that in my life. The atonement of Christ is real, and it is available to all of us. Never forget that.

I love you all so very much and I wish you the best of the best in this upcoming season of Christmas. Don't forget the spirit of giving and selfless service, because that is where the real joy and happiness comes from.

Con tanto amore,
Anziano Langlois

No comments:

Post a Comment