Sunday, November 2, 2014

Let's Go A Fishing October 29, 2014

Ciao tutti!!!!

Life is going good here in Ravenna. Busy as ever. This transfer flew by. I can't believe it's pretty much over. Anz Polson and I are staying together for his last transfer, so I finally get to "kill" someone in the mission. (companion will finish his mission and return home) WHOO!!! haha. I heard that Anz Johnson is going to Siena (lucky dog), so I'll get to see him again in a few weeks at zone conference. We are losing Sorella Yost, who's been here in Ravenna for the past 6 months and literally the branch is in tears to see her leave. She did some really great work here in Ravenna, and we are definitely going to miss her. But that is the life of a missionary. Oh well. haha

Crazy random note. The other day, we ran into the sorella in centro after getting a bidone, and so we were talking for a minute. Randomly this old man walks up to us and asks us if we are english, we told him we were americans and he asked us where we were from. I said California, and so he asked me from what part. I said Los Angeles, and then he said "oh, well I lived in Thousand Oaks for a couple months". WHAT!?!?!?!?!?! I was so caught of guard. He didn't believe me when I told him that I was from there. He is just this rich old man who travels across the world and a few years ago lived in good old TO. Represent!

Anyway, we've been running around like crazy this past week. We had two surprise baptismal interviews that we had to do in the zone. One in Pesaro and one in San Marino, so we lived in the car for a few days pretty much. haha. It's so nice to have a car. It makes traveling so much easier.

We had some sweet miracles this week. One miracle was a couple weeks in the making. My first week here, we started teaching this family that used to be investigators years ago. As we've gone over there the past few weeks, we have noticed their willingness to learn more about the gospel. After a hang-gliding accident, where the mother was seriously injured, the family has really started to change for the better. They are trying so hard to save their marriage and family, which before the accident, was crumbling quickly. Last Sunday, the wife came to church for all 3 hours, which is a huge deal because her back still causes her a lot of pain. On Monday, we went over to see them and we had an amazing lesson with our Branch Mission Leader. The spirit was really strong and after talking for a good 20 minutes about it, we set a baptismal date with the husband and wife (who claims to not believe in God). Then the father gave one of the most sincere prayers I've ever heard, where he pleaded for the Lord to show him the right path to follow to hold his family together. This family has literally made leaps and bounds in the past few weeks. Every time we go over to see them, they are so happy to have us and to feel the spirit. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to know this family. They are very close to our hearts and we are working so hard to bring them the joy of the gospel.

Then, we were able to meet with this super awesome investigator that the sorelle passed us. He's from Barcelona and is super awesome!!!1 Holy cow, talk about prepared. He just sat and listened with an amazing expression on his face as we taught him the Restoration. It was such a miracle how he got found. I don't remember if I already told you, but if not, the sorelle were talking to someone on the street in English one night and he happened to walk past and hear them. It was his 2nd night there in Ravenna and he had no idea why he accepted the job here in Ravenna. He is so cool! And he came to church this week! Not to mention, like two days after meeting the sorelle, he came to general conference and absolutely loved it! He still talks about it. There are so many cool people here in Ravenna!!!! WHOOO!!!!!!!!

Then yesterday, one of our members, who is hilarious, took us out to lunch at this seafood restaurant at the marina. Holy cow....I've never seen so much seafood on my plate at one time. It's kinda like that bucket of seafood you can get at Joe's Crab Shack. But it was mixed with homemade spaghetti and this amazing sauce. Holy cow. It was sooooo good. Then we ate even more fish after that. It was awesome! I love Italian food!!!!!

Basically, like every week, it's been crazy. I love it so much, but I'm so tired all the time. It's better this way though.

Thanks for the world series update dad. I bet the Giants win again. Man, they are so good these days.

Danielle's wedding sounds just like I would imagine it to be.  I'm really happy for her and Courtney.

Tell everyone back that I love them!

I hope you have a great week everyone!!!!!

Vi voglio bene!

Anziano Langlois
Lunch!

District

No comments:

Post a Comment