Monday, November 24, 2014

Raining in Romagna November 19, 2014

Ciao tutti!!!

Well, it's been a very wet and cold week. Usually when it rains, its kinda warm, but not this week. It's been pretty darn cold and it's rained for about four days straight. Fun stuff. I would say that with the car it's not a big deal, but unfortunately because we have to go to Milano twice this month (the second time this Friday), and to Firenze yesterday for a zone conference with Elder Fingerle of the 70 (it was really cool), and we have a really long zone that stretches all the way down to Ancona 130 km away, we're easily going to go over our km limit this month, so we have been on bikes all week and it's just so much fun in the cold rain. We haven't got drenched yet, but who knows how long that will last.

Any who, despite a lot of rain and equally a lot of bidoni (does that make any sense to you? Probably not. It's when some one doesn't show up and flakes on you. we literally say, "ci ha dato un bidone", which means "he gave us a trash can/dumpster". Yeah, kinda weird, but it makes sense to me). It's been a tough week here in Ravenna. Unfortunately we've lost two of our baptism dates just because they are impossible to see and they won't be ready in time, but our other baptism dates are really going strong. We are currently fasting with one of them to help him quit smoking. The work is going well here. I'm happy. It's good.

Well, like I said, we went to Firenze yesterday. It was super fun. We took a slightly longer (time wise) path, so we could go through the beautiful Toscana hills. Totally worth it. We ended up bring the Sorelle with us, so it was pretty fun. Got some great pictures of the beautiful Italian country side. I love this country. In other news, Firenze is a stressful city to drive in. haha. It was much easier on train when I was in Prato. haha. I saw old friends at this conference like Anz Parker, Erickson, Johnson, and others. It was really great to see them again.

Anyway, about Elder Fingerle. He's from Germany and he's in the third quorum of the 70 I think. He is super into family history work. We talked about something he likes to call, "Facebook for the dead". It's the "memories" section of familysearch.com where you can upload pictures, stories, documents, audio and other stuff to kinda make like a "facebook page" for someone who has passed on. He invited us to invite you as well as our members and nonmembers to upload pictures and stories o four ancestors onto familysearch. Well, here it goes, I invite you to do that. haha. I've really felt the spirit of Elijah just talking about family history work. It is so interesting and cool. Just the other week, Linda sent me some stories and pictures of our ancestors from Mom's side of the family. It was really cool and I've been able to share some of those stories with people to help them get interested. So, will you do it? [Insert "yes!" here]

Well, in other random news, I'm sad to hear that BYU soccer is out. Peccato. Next season I'll be there to cheer them on in person. Whoa...that's weird. 

Before I forget again. HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY ERIN!!!!!! I had it written on my calendar, but I totally forgot to write you last week. Sorry! I really hope it was a great day. I thought about you a lot and told everyone that it was your birthday. haha.

OK, random question. The other day I was thinking about friends I wanted to get in contact with and someone came to mind, so I'm going to ask you to do me a huge favor mom, or better yet, Lizzy because mom might forget (love you mom). Can you go on my facebook and find my friend "Jenny Sawyer"'s email? If it's not on her page, just send her a message explaining that you're my sister/mom and that I wanted to write her. In the random situation that you're actually reading this yourself Jenny, please, write me. haha.

OK, random thought done.

Well, I heard that a missionary from Anz Polson's ward, Elder Boyce, is now in good old TO. Lucky man. What a great city. TO3!!!! WHOO!!!! haha.

It's crazy that my friends that are girls are now finishing their missions. That's so weird. And I have some other friends back at BYU who are getting married. Even weirder! Life moves fast. I'm just trying to keep up.

I hope you all have a great week. I love you all so much!

Anziano Langlois

No comments:

Post a Comment