Wednesday, October 15, 2014

é un po' presto, no? October 7, 2014

Ciao tutti!!!

I bet you are all wondering why I'm writing you on Tuesday, but don't worry, I didn't go all apostate and rogue. haha. We just had to change our P-day because the AP's are coming to scambio us tomorrow. Silly AP's, making us change p-day. Oh well. 

Before I forget, Dad mentioned at the end of his email that Mom had a lot of things to coordinate with me. Are there more things than just the license thing? If so, please write me back subito and when I finish checking my email tonight around 8am your time (wow, that's early) I will be able to see them and figure it all out. If not, it will have to wait until next week.

Well, p'days are fun again here in Ravenna. After being in Pavia for 7 months, I pretty much got to see everything in our zone. Now I'm in a new zone and boy does it have a lot to offer. Last week, we went to the famous mosaics in Ravenna. There are these really cool churches with really colorful and interesting mosaics. Basically, in one of these churches, there is a remnant of temple worship. It's kind of hard to explain over email, so I won't, but I we will definitely go see them when we come back to Ravenna. 

OK, random culture experience that I am literally right now having. We are sitting in this internet shop and there is an African man sitting across from Anz Polson listening to African gospel music, and he is making farting noises and then every now and then he sings something like "praise God" or "oh me!". It's pretty funny.

Back to p-days, today we are going to San Marino, so I am officially leaving Italy. That's right. I'm going to a whole different country. I heard it is beautiful, so I'm excited to go. It's also really nice because I get to drive now. I drove home from Milano this past week, and it was so great. I love driving!!!! I've been driving this whole week and it's so much fun. I missed it so much.

General conference was great as always. I really like President Uchtdorf's talks. They were all so good!!!! I really want a copy of some of the talks. However, I'm just like Dad. I'm still not done studying last conference's talks. haha. Like father, like son. 

Speaking of conference, the other night after we were finished watching conference, we were cleaning up the church when we saw this man through the window. We didn't recognize him, so we went to go greet him. He was this ragazzo that often walked by our church, but every time he tried to go inside, it was closed. He finally found it open and he said that he would be interested to learn more about our message and the church. We gave him our phone number and invited him to conference the next day. It was such a great little miracle to see how the Lord is really preparing the hearts of the people here in Italy. Hopefully we will be able to get into contact with him soon.

Yesterday, I was on a scambio in Pesaro. This city is gorgeous. We didn't really get to look around it during the day, because we were busy doing missionary work, but after FHE with the branch, the Branch President (who I had met before when he came up to Pavia to visit Anz Erickson who served here in Pesaro) took us out to get a gelato and then gave us a giro of the city. It was dark, but the city looked awesome. It is right on the mare and it is amazing. There was a light house that we wanted to go see, but it was too late and dark, so some other p-day we'll go. We also saw the house of Pavarotti (did I spell that right?) the famous Italian tenor. Pretty cool stuff. And also he told us that there is the house of Rossini here.  Anyway, Pesaro has some cool history.

I don't want to comment on the sports update other than the fact that I will go and cry. That sounded like a horrible week!!! Anz Polson is super excited that Utah State won. He just turned to me and asked me for a high 5.....I punched him in the leg instead. haha. 

I'm sorry that its so hot at home. You guys should go to the beach! Because I can't and its killing me! I miss just sitting in the sand and playing frisbee and diving in the water to catch it and what not. Oh well, it will come soon enough.

Well, I hope you all had a great week and that this next week is full of joy and happiness. I know mine will!! 

"Come what may, and love it!"

Anziano Langlois

No comments:

Post a Comment