Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A Trip to California October 1, 2014

Ciao tutti!!!

Well, for all of you troopers that are still reading this, I hope all is going well. For those who are getting bored, let me know and I will try and spice things up a little bit. Italian style.

Well first of all, SEND ME PICTURES!!!!!! I love seeing pictures of everyone. So I don't care who you are. If you're my Mom or my friend or just a random person who found this on the internet (I doubt there are any of those), pictures say a lot, so I love 'em!

OK, business time Mom. I need you to send me ASAP SUBITO ADESSO a copy of my motor vehicle report. I don't know what that is, but I need it. I don't think I have one, because I've never been in an accident or got a ticket or anything, but the mission needs it, so please send it ASAP. 

Next, happy birthday to Jason and Jude this week!!!!! WHOOOO!!!!!!! Tanti auguri!!!!! I love you guys so much! Also, speaking of Jason, can I get his email, I want to send him an email directly. Awesome. Thanks

Life goes on and on here in Ravenna. Time is flying!!!!! Holy cow, we are so busy!!! This week, we went down to the farthest city south in our mission, Ancona. And let me just say 2 things. 1. it's freakin' in the boonies!!!! SO FAR AWAY!!!!! and 2. it looks almost exactly like San Francisco. It was so weird. Super steep hills and everything. Minus the bridge, but still. It was really cool. And then the area around it seemed like Northern California with pine-looking trees and then the mare right there. It was so pretty. Tomorrow we are heading up to Milano for consiglio with all the capi, so it will be really fun. Long day of driving though. But I'm excited to drive back (I hope they let me). So basically, the days go really fast here. I love it, but it's also annoying. I never have time to just sit and think. I barely have enough time to do everything I need to before I have to go to bed. Fun stuff.

Miracle time. Last p-day, after internet, we ran into an old friend of the missionaries here. We talked with him and went and got some lunch with him. We were sitting in the park eating, when a man came up to us and started talking to us, because he knew our friend. We started talking to him about the Book of Mormon and set up a return appointment. He is this 21 year old Italian. He is very interested in getting to know God more in his life. We brought a member to the next lesson and turns out that they had already met each other. We had a great lesson, where we were able to set a baptismal date for the 1st of November. He was ready to come to church the next day, but had something come up at the last minute. But he wants to keep meeting with us and he is reading the Book of Mormon. It really was a humbling experience for me to see how the Lord places people in our path at all times. Yes, even during lunch on p-day.

We are working really hard to help our members with only the Aaronic priesthood prepare themselves to receive the Melchizedek priesthood. We are also really focusing on being full tithe payers so that we can grow our area here in Ravenna. We are hoping to become a Ward before the end of 2014. 

I love every day. It's so great. 

Thank you so much for the sports report dad. Go Dodgers!!!!! Let's hope we can actually do something in the playoffs. The cards will be hard, but we can do it. I really wish I could have been at the game when they clinched, it would have been so much fun.

Thank you also for the spiritual insights from church this week. I really love going to church and learning more about the gospel. Everyday my desire and thirst to know more grows and grows.

I know how importantly and closely missionary and temple work is related. They are the same great work, so we must always search to move this great single work along. The Lord is helping us always and we much search his guidance in all things.

I love you all so much and I hope you all have a great week. Siete bravi. 

Vi voglio tanto bene,
Anziano Langlois

No comments:

Post a Comment