Saturday, March 28, 2015

Just Another Week In The Mission February 18, 2015

Ciao tutti!!!!!

Well, life is just great. Time still goes by too quickly, but I just have to accept that now. I had an interview with President Dibb the other day for my temple recommend, which I now have in Italian. It's super cool. haha. Anyway, in the interview, he basically hinted that I'm leaving Ravenna in a few weeks, so it's been kinda weird, because I'm still here, but I want to make sure and say goodbye to everyone, so I'm trying to take a lot of pictures. Even though I've been here for 6 months almost now, I'm kinda sad to leave. I love Ravenna. It's super stressful sometimes, and I'm pretty sure my life got about 6 years shorter while being here, but it feels like home. All of my cities have felt like home. I miss Italy already. I love this country so much. It doesn't help that I'm now at that point where everyone asks me when I finish my mission and then when I tell them in about 3 months, they all talk about how I'm at the end and ask me if I'm excited to go home and what not. I swear, sometimes its the members fault that missionaries get trunky! All they want to talk about is home and what I'm going to do when I get  back. haha. But don't' worry. I'm not trunky. I love this work too much.

Anyway, first things first. Mom, do you remember how you told me about the Celya's cousin, Anz West? Well....after 3 weeks into the transfer, I just realized that he is my district leader. haha. I know! I'm horrible! He actually brought it up. haha. There you go. Small world.

Well, if you remember, last week I sent a picture of a snowman I made in San Marino. Well, that night after English class, we were talking to the Sorelle and they started talking about this snowman that they saw in San Marino that same day, in fact, they took pictures! When I told them that I made it they freaked out, but not as much as the member that took them there. She is from Peru and is literally like a cartoon. She squealed when I told her that I made that snowman. haha. 

Then, this past week, we had zone conference and we got to watch Meet the Mormons. It was awesome!!!! I don't know if you've seen it, but its really good. I miss movies. haha. It has such a good message about being tolerant of other religions. It's OK to be Mormon, and it's OK if you're not. We can all live together in harmony. Of course, if you want to become Mormon, better yet! hahaha. 

OK, so yesterday we had a Martedì Grasso (Fat Tuesday) party in church. Naturally as missionaries, we can't really dress up super crazy, but we did what we could. I was a fat American tourist, of course with my Hawaiian shirt, and Anz Cardullo was "Cesare Cardullus". haha. I will try and send of picture of us and the Sorelle who were a hippy and Elsa. Everyone is crazy about Frozen here! It was really fun to see all of our crazy members all dressed up. I love Italians. They are so much fun.


 

Besides all this fun, I've been pretty sick this week. Not like stay at home sick, but I feel like I'm going to keel over and die while doing our missionary work sick. haha. Like dad always says, "you can sleep when you're dead!". Now I'm feeling better, so don't worry about me. 

Miracle time!
So in my interview with President, he gave me the challenge to teach 15 lessons each of the few weeks that I'm still here in Ravenna. On Thursday evening after zone conference, we made a lot of phone calls and set up 10 lessons for the next two days. We were excited. However, when we set up lessons, that doesn't always mean that we will teach them. In fact, 7 of those 10 original lessons cancelled. We were devastated, but we were able to find some more lessons. I  didn't give up on teaching 15 lessons, but I had no idea how were were going to do it. Because of scheduling, we had a few hours open on Sunday afternoon to do some finding work. To be honest, I wasn't super excited to go out and do straight finding work, but while we were biking to centro, I decided that I needed to change my attitude or it would be a miserable experience. So I prayed silently as we biked to our finding destination. We started and immediately we stopped a young man who was interested to listen to us, but wouldn't give us his contact info. So we kept on going and we stopped some more people who were yet again, willing to stop and listen to us, but wouldn't give us their contact info. We looked at each other and just laughed. We were trying so hard, but we weren't going to give up so easily. We kept on working hard and we were blessed. We taught three prayer lessons during this time and received two phone numbers, one of them is now a new investigator. We couldn't believe our eyes!  Not only that, but when we were tallying up numbers Sunday night, we found out that we had made it to 15 lessons! I was so excited!!! The lord blessed us for our efforts. 

It's great to hear that everything is going well back on the home front. Sorry that Obama keeps on causing traffic for you dad. haha. It's funny you mentioned Gharidellli's, because I was just thinking about that today. haha. That sounds like quite the dinner you had for Valentine's day. Just wait until you come to Italy dad. The food is literally out of this world. And, just to show you that I was sent to this mission to learn how to cook, I made some pasta yesterday and Anz Cardullo said it was super good. So...hai visto?? I've picked up some Italian skills by being here. haha.

That's pretty cool that all three of you will be speaking in the Spanish branch. Will Lizzy speak in Spanish??? She better. I need to remember my Spanish. It's pretty useful in America. 

Well, it's been a good week, and I'm happy. Tired, but happy. 

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and support. I love you all so much and I wish you all the best!

Con affetto,
Anziano Langlois

No comments:

Post a Comment