Saturday, March 28, 2015

Ye Elders of Israel March 4, 2015

...come join now with me...we're going to the mountains of Bergamo to dwell"


 Ciao tutti!!!!

Well, its official. I'm leaving the sea shores of Ravenna for the mountains of Bergamo. It's east of Milano so it fits perfectly into our giro of Italy when we come back. I'm going to whitewash Bergamo 3 with a brand new missionary. Yep, I'm training again. There are 3 units in Bergamo, two wards and a branch. Guess where I'm going? Yeah, that's right. The branch. haha. I'm excited to go. It will be a fun way to end my mission. I really hope this kid is ready to work because I'm going to go crazy in these last few months. I leave early tomorrow morning to go pick him up, then we are off together to find an apartment in a city that we've both never been in. haha. It's just like the beginning of my mission with Anz Salmon. It will be fun. I'm excited. Oh yeah, I'm also going to be district leader. Yay!!! I loved being DL.

I'm going to miss Ravenna, but its time for me to move. The Lord has need of me else where. 

Well, the great news is that they got baptized!!!!! Both of them pulled it out. As you know, for the past 6 months that I've been here in Ravenna, we've been working with this family. It's been a long and rocky 6 months for this family, full of trials and heartaches. But we kept with them the entire time and our branch really came alive in helping support them in their time of need. Even in the week leading up to their baptism, satan was working really hard on them. An unknown problem with tithing came up literally the day after the baptismal interview. We helped the wife the best we could and then told her to go to the Lord for help. Every day that week, we were in close contact with them and finally on Friday, She told us that she received an answer about tithing and that she would pay it. The next day, we were able to see this husband and wife enter into the waters of baptism together. It was so beautiful and they have already changed so much since that day. It was such a great blessing to be able to not only see their baptism, but be the one to perform it. This literally was the biggest miracle for us and for me. To see this family who had years ago been left aside and forgotten about, dressed in white with literal joy in their faces, made all of the problems we had to face together with them worth it. I will really miss them, but I know that they are in good hands. Our branch here in Ravenna is really making the necessary steps to be the ward that the Lord needs it to be.


I'm so grateful for the time I've spent in Ravenna. Saying goodbye to the members these past few days has been hard. I really love the people of this city. In this city, I've learned what it really means to have charity. That is literally essential in missionary work. I love Ravenna!!!! It's so great!!!! I'm excited to show you around in June. Our branch president here told me to tell you, mom and dad, "thank you". He is very excited to meet you when we come to visit.

Well, despite all this great stuff happening, I've been sick for the past 3 weeks or so. This week, I've had a horrible cough that hasn't gone all away. Poor greenie, he's going to get a literally dying father. haha.

OK, well I've discovered while packing that my luggage is kinda small. I can fit all of the stuff, but I'm leaving some stuff here in Ravenna. Should I try and buy new luggage here in Italy or just wait until I'm home? Luggage here is kinda expensive. Also, unless you let me know, I'm going to be leaving a lot of the stuff I brought here in Italy. Today while packing I realized how destroyed some of my pants or shirts are, so I don't feel like it would be worth it to bring home. But I don't want to waste money, so let me know what you guys think.
In worldly news, WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!! Way to go BYU!!!!!! Upsetting Gonzaga is huge!!!! That's so awesome. Way to go Cougars. haha. They did it away too. Complimenti.

Congrats Lizzy on getting in to SDSU!!! That is going to be awesome! San Diego is such a pretty city. I'm so happy for you!! However, when BYU and SDSU play against each other, all bets are off. You guys are going down!!!! hahaha. I love sports. haha

Thank you so much for all of your support. I've definitely felt of your love and prayers in these past few weeks/months. I love you all so much and I pray for you as well.

I hope you feel better Linda! Thanks for the cool info on our distant relatives. That was super cool!!!

The next time I write you, I will have more info on Bergamo and my new comp. I just hope he got here to Italy safely today. haha

Oh yeah! As for our trip. I've already had multiple members here in Ravenna tell me that they want us to stay at their house when we come, so you don't need to buy a hotel for that part of the trip. I'm still working on the other parts. I'll let you know as soon as I do. 

Vi voglio tanto bene!!!!

Anziano Langlois

PS. I'm going to miss the car :'( haha
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment