Sunday, April 20, 2014

I'm Getting Old... April 2, 2014

Ciao tutti!!!

But seriously, I'm 20 now. I can't believe that. I'm so old. Every time I say that to the members though, they always give me a hard time. But I always have the ace in the hole, because then I just say, "look! my name tag even says that I'm Anziano!!". haha. They love it. And speaking of getting old, I'm going into my 7th transfer. WHAT?!?!?!? Where has the time gone? It's April now? WHAT?!?!?!? I literally cannot believe how fast time is flying by. Any who, since I mentioned transfers, nothing is changing in our little city here of Pavia. The Sorelle are the same and our apartment is going to be the same. We did however, pull a really good April Fool's joke on the other Anziani yesterday. Anz. Parker and I got the Capi to call us and literally talk about nothing and I pretended like I was getting transferred and no one else. They totally bought it. We were dying. It would have lasted all day, but then the Capi actually called with transfer info, and so the others figured it out. haha. Super funny. Good times here in Pavia.

OK! So this week. Let's see...well, our apartment has kinda been sick on and off this past week, so that's not very fun. But, I've been in scambio with Anz Valencia for 3 of the last 4 days or so, so that's always a blast. I love that kid. But, yesterday we had a small and simple miracle. So this past week or so (like I just said), between our two companionships here, we've been kinda on and off sick, so our work has been limited so we can recover. But yesterday morning, we were feeling great so we went and did some fiume for a couple of hours. I will admit, when you just have finding work planned, its not always that exciting, but I know its something we need to do so we can find more people to teach, so we went out and did it. The 3rd person we talked to, we ended teaching a lesson to. Then we said a prayer by ourselves to thank Heavenly Father for that lesson, and then we kept going. The very next person we talked to, we taught a lesson to and got her phone number so we could pass her to the sisters. Then we said another prayer of thanks. Then while walking past these two old men, one of them stopped me and asked me who we were. I was more than happy to tell him. So we taught him and his friend a lesson. It was crazy! Every time I say a prayer during finding work, I've seen a miracle. I know that what the Bible Dictionary says about prayer is true. The objective of prayer is not to change the will of God, but to secure for yourself blessings that he is already willing to give to you, but are dependent upon you asking for them. I've seen this time and time again in my mission so far and I know that when we really utilize prayer in the correct manner, we will see amazing results. 

OK, now. Let's talk about my birthday. It was really weird to be honest. It didn't feel like my birthday at all because we just did what we do everyday. Preach the gospel. But we did some fun stuff. At one point, we went and got gelato and then came and sat on the river bank eating gelato watching the sunset through the bridge. Again, it was one of those "what am I doing here with YOU" moments. hahaha. The Sorelle also made me a cake for my birthday. It was super good. At church, a bunch of members told me "auguri" and our gospel principles class sang to me. Super funny because no one can pronounce my name. haha. Then the next day, a family called me and told me that they forgot to tell me something yesterday at church, and because I had already forgot that it had been my birthday 2 days earlier, I was super surprised when they started singing happy birthday to me on the phone. The members here are too awesome. I love them so much. Apparently to make up for forgetting, I have about 4 members making me a cake this week, so I guess it really be like Jason's "birthday-kah". haha.

Speaking about the members, we passed by one of our families this past week just to say hi, and they invited us in and told us that we weren't allowed to leave until we had eaten. So they made us dinner. Gosh, no wonder I'm getting a pancia. haha. Anziano Parker also told them that we will be by their house again tonight, so they told us that they will make us something. Goodness me. So Much Food. I love it, but that's the problem. I eat way to much of it. haha.

Well, Lizzy, that is an awesome story and I can totally see Dad doing that. I would have died laughing. He's so funny. And speaking of Dad, I've been telling some of his mission stories lately. In fact, last night, I told the story of "halan, halan, HALAN!!" to our English class. They died laughing. They thought it was so funny that they fell out of their seats when Craig said that. Gosh, I can't wait to tell you all of my mission stories. Warm up the campfire!! hahaha.

In other news, we're really excited for conference this weekend. Unfortunately because we already did day light savings over here, we will miss another session of conference, which is lame. Super lame. But oh well, I can always go read them later.

As always, thanks for the sports report dad. This is really some madness this year. I haven't had time to check how my bracket is doing, but I think its pretty bad. haha. I will definitely let you know how I do at the end of it all.

Oh yeah! I can't believe its already almost Mother's day. That's crazy! It seems like just yesterday I was Skyping you guys at Christmas. 

Sorry, my thoughts are just kind of jumping around right now, so I'm just typing what I think of when I think it. haha. So two nights ago, I got to talk to Anz Andersen from Prato and he was actually at the Pascuzzo's, so I got to talk to each one of them for a minute or so. Gosh, I miss that family so much and they miss me. We are definitely going to see them when we come back. Talking to them and Anz Andersen, I realized just how fast time has gone past. That was 6 weeks ago, but it only seems like maybe 6 days. I don't know if its passing as fast there for you guys, but I remember when Jason was on his mission that those 2 years seemed to fly past. Now I know what it's like to be on the other side of that. I don't want these 2 years to go so quickly! Sometimes I forget that I'm really in Italy, because it just feels like home here. This is where I live, eat, sleep, work, walk, talk, breathe; everything is Italian. Sono italiano ora!! It's going to be so crazy and weird to go home. Good thing that's still over a year a way. Not much more than a year (scary), but still got a good amount of time here. Meno male.

I really do love the people here so much. I miss everyone back home, but I know I'm going to miss everyone here. I already miss the people from my previous areas. Being a missionary is weird and its really hard, mostly because you get so close to these people for 2 years and then you're gone. Sad kind of. But oh well. that's the life of a missionary.

Any who, I love you all so much and I hope you all have a great week! Thank you for everything you do and are!

Vi voglio bene!
Anziano Langlois

Pics:
1. The one and only Ponte Coperto with the duomo in the background
2. The milano duomo. Yeah...it's kinda big
3. panzarotti at Luini's (super good)


No comments:

Post a Comment