Monday, April 28, 2014

I Believe in Miracles!! April 23, 2014

Ciao tutti!!!

OK. So basically, this week has gone by super fast because we have been working super hard. We decided for this week, we were really going to "redouble our efforts" as D&C says, because our teaching pool is slowly turning stagnant, which is never good. We were basically super blessed this week and it's only Wednesday! We still have like 4 days left in this recording week.

First of all, I want to start by saying that I love the people here. I went on a scambio with Anz Valencia this week and we went to visit these super awesome new converts in their area. Adelio, the husband, is probably one of the funniest people I've ever met, because he just sits in his recliner chair, watches TV, and just says the funniest things. I wish I could describe him better. But anyway, so we went over to teach them and we decided to read a Book of Mormon story with them. We decided to read Helaman 9, where the prophet Nephi goes and predicts through revelation that the supreme judge has been killed, and who killed him, and what exactly the killer was going to say, so basically it's a super awesome story (I recommend you guys look at it again this week). The lesson started out like normal, Adelio watching the TV on mute and us reading with Gladys out loud. All of a sudden, Adelio turns off the TV and starts looking really intensely at us and is just totally soaking up the story. At they end he told us that he loved the story. He then gave some really good insight and told me that we were welcome at anytime to come back. haha. He's so awesome. So that just goes to show you, the Book of Mormon is better than a fight scene in a movie.

Next, we are teaching this African couple in Voghera, and they have this adorable almost 2 year old son, Paul. He always wants to play. He's crazy and so much fun. But the last time we went over, we walked in the door, he came running out of the room to see who was there and as soon as he saw us, we got this huge smile on his face and threw his hands up in the air for me to pick him up. He is so cute. Oh my gosh, I love Paul, and I love his parents. They are so awesome. I just love everyone here!!! I'm already sad to leave them. 2 years is not long enough!!!

OK, other miracles. So this past week we went and passed by some investigators and less actives and we struck out unfortunately. But we were walking to this one house and right as we turned on the street, we saw the bus go past...we missed it. So we walked to the next stop and right as we get there, another bus shows up. It was totally crazy, but we hopped on anyway. Now, I'm going to jump to another day, but it will make sense. I promise. So on Easter, we decided to go and sing in front of the castle with a picture of Gesù. Lucky us, it started pouring, but we didn't care. We kept on singing and kept on trying to stop people walking past. After an hour of getting soaked in the rain, we had to run over to see some new converts. Of course, with our luck, there were no buses, so we just walked and walked in the rain. We get to the same spot we saw the bus go past a few days before and I told Anz. Parker that if we make it to that stop, there will be a bus. Sure enough, as soon as we get to that bus stop, a bus comes right up behind us. MIRACLES!!!!!!! It was crazy and so awesome!!!! "Just another daily miracle", right Dad?

OK. But here is the coolest thing of all. This Sunday, we received a referral from our vescovo. This family went to Idaho because they want to move there, and while they were there, they met one of our vescovo's old collegas from the mission. We gave them a call, and they were super excited to met us. They invited us to come and see them whenever we want, and then later that night, they texted us telling us that they were at McDonald's in Pavia, so if we wanted to come to meet them and some of their friends, we were invited. We had just missed the bus to go and the next didn't come for 30 more minutes, so I told him that we probably wouldn't be able to make it. He then told us that he was on his way to pick us up. By the way, I had talked to him on the phone for probably 5 minutes or so. So we get picked up and we start talking about how they met Caleb (the member in Idaho), turns out that they needed a translator and they only talked to him from a few hours and they became immediately great friends. That night, we met Max, his wife Simona, and two of their three kids, Sofia and Matteo. We also met two of their really good friends, Riccardo and Catia and their son Abramo. So from one referral, we already got even more referrals. Then, Max, Sofia, Matteo, and another friend Diana, came to English class last night and loved it. They even brought dolce! At the end, Max offered to say the prayer and did an awesome job. It was the first time he has really done a prayer in a long time and in the prayer, he thanked God that he met us and that he really hopes to be part of this church soon. They are so prepared and elect. We are going over to see them on Thursday, and then they are going to come to Serata Familiare with us that night. That day, we really prayed to see a miracle and we sure got one. We worked super hard and actually got another new simp that morning after missing our bus home from District meeting. This week is going amazing and I'm so excited to keep on working really hard, so we can continue to find the Lord's elect.

So this week, in two days, we have gotten 5 new simps so far. It's only Wednesday. We still have like 4 more days. So basically, in a nutshell, we are super blessed and I love it! I'm so grateful for the blessings of the Lord. Without his help, we would still be walking on that street in the rain without people to teach. The Lord really does answer prayers. I know it. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to serve the Lord here in Italy and I'm going to be so sad when my time is up. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Its almost May. That's nuts.

Well, now to the worldly things. Easter sounded awesome. 10 pound ham sounds AMAZINGGG!!!! I cooked our Easter meal of pasta with a panna/pesto sauce and salsiccia. It was pretty good, but its no ham. The next day though, we got fed a good meal with some lamb for pasquetta. I love food.

Best of luck Lizzy on AP's, that sucks and I'm glad I'm done with those, but you're going to do great! haha. Just keep studying and remember how much better it is after you're done.

As for continuing to study the language, don't worry dad. I'm doing a legitimate study of the New Testament every day in Italian. I just started Giovanni yesterday. The gift of tongues is real. Totally. I'm proof. Everyone gives me the "shocked shocked shocked!!!" face when I tell them that I've only been here for 11 months. Crazy. Did I mention that I was super blessed?

It's always so great to here from you all and I love you so much. I hope you have a great as week as we are having. In fact, I'm currently sitting about 5 minutes walk from beautiful Como Lago. It is gorgeous and a perfect day. Expect pictures when I can get the computer to cooperate.

Statemi bene tutti!
Anziano Langlois

No comments:

Post a Comment