Sunday, April 27, 2014

Spiritual Booster Shots April 9, 2014

Ciao tutti!!

So as you all may or may not know, this past weekend was General Conference, where we have the opportunity to listen to the Prophet and the 12 Apostles speak to us and give us counsel. I absolutely loved it this year. Holy cow, it was so good. If you didn't get to see it because of being a super awesome Dad and having to work all day, or maybe because you forgot about it, or maybe you didn't know about it, but regardless of what the reason was, I recommend you all to go to LDS.org right now and watch some of it. It was incredible!!! I learned so very much from the modern day prophets we have. Everything from priesthood keys to having gratitude in our trials to defending your beliefs was discussed and I learned so much. I literally cannot tell you how much reading these talks or watching them again will bless you and your families lives. 

So this past Saturday and Sunday we went to conference in Milano. And then the next day, Monday, we went back to Milano to have a zone training, so we kinda learned what it is like to be a real Italian. Live in a small city, and then commute to the big city everyday for work. Boy, that would be exhausting. So for 3 days straight, we received some awesome spiritual booster shots as so cleverly thought of in about 2 seconds. haha. Every single time I learn more about the gospel or the scriptures or about how to be a better missionary or what not, I realize that I know so little. There is still so much to learn!!! I just want to sit and study all day long. haha

Anyway, so I got my birthday package finally! And let me just say, thank you soooo much everyone!! Lizzy, I absolutely loved your card. It cracked me up. "It had me cornered, like something you....corner!" hahaha. Thank you so much for the card Grandma. I love you so much! Thank you so much for the peanut butter fingers. They are soooooo good!!!! Thank you for the chocolates, and I can actually tell you thank you from another person for those as well. So we were waiting on the train to come back from zone training, and I opened my package and was looking inside, when a gypsy walked past and left a piece of paper next to us. T


hey do this all the time. It basically says how poor they are and that they have 42 children that are starving or other really sad stuff, so people will give them money. As missionaries, we're not allowed to give money, so I tried to explain that to him, but then he points at my package, so I pull out some chocolate and gave it to him. He then asked for some more, so I gave him another one. He then thanked me and went on his way. it was super funny. haha.

OK, so I don't remember how much I've told you about Anz. Parker, but his dad is a funeral director, and so Anz Parker also wants to do that after the mission. So besides the weird looks he gets when people ask him what he wants to be when he grows up, we make some good jokes about it too. But yesterday, we did a pass by and at the church right behind us, there was a funeral. He got really excited and took a picture of the hearse. We then went to see the really HUGE cemetery in Pavia because we were in the area, and he had way too much fun. He was making comments left and right. it cracked me up. But seriously. This cemetery was gigantic. Every family basically has a mausoleum and not a single one was the same. They all had big statues of Jesus, or the Madonna, or a stone cross. Or my favorite, an angel standing on the open grave saying "he is not here!". It was super cool, or at least I thought it was cool. Then we went down to the giant mausoleum that was underneath the ENTIRE cemetery. It was nuts!!! it was just lines and lines and hallways and hallways of grave after grave. It was crazy. There were literally hundreds of thousands of people buried there. Super cool. Then we happened to run into the funeral procession that we saw earlier, so Anz Parker wanted to go watch the person get buried. He's a funny kid. But yeah, that was our graveyard adventure. Super fun.

OK. Time for some spiritual stuff. So besides conference, this week has been kinda normal. Nothing super exciting or super boring, just average. but we did have a miracle. Like we always do. For the past few weeks, we've had this investigator, Nitsan, who is very hard to see because he has been really busy studying for his exams this past week. When we see him, it is usually for 15 minutes or so, so it's hard for us to teach him a lot. We've been trying to give him a Book of Mormon for a few weeks now and every time we try, something comes up where he has to leave suddenly or he doesn't take it for some reason. Yesterday, we got to sit down and talk to him because he just finished his exams and we finally got him a Book of Mormon. He told us that he would read it and he was really grateful that we gave him it. Just in time too, because on Friday he is going back to Israel for a week or two, so now he has something to read on the plane. Although it was small, that miracle was important to me and my faith. Just like Elder Ballard said, we need to be persistent and it will pay off. The next step is following up on his reading, which we will definitely do.

In worldly news, I can't believe Kentucky beat Wisconsin on ANOTHER clutch 3. Its just like Michigan did last year. Because of that, Anz Valencia's bracket won. Yes, the bracket that he decided by simply flipping a coin. Guess statistics beats sort of knowledge. haha. But, I would like to know, just for tie-breaking purposes, who won the Colorado v Pitt game, St Louis v NC State/Xavier, and Texas v ASU. If you could send me that Dad, that would be awesome.

OK, since time goes by super fast, we will be Skyping in about 4 weeks, which is nuts. So as it gets closer I will solidify the plan of when I will be doing it. When would be best for you guys? I kinda forget what time you have church. Also, I don't know if it's possible, but are we going to try and do something to include Peter, Linda, Erin, Dan, and Jason? If not, that's fine, but it's always fun to see them. haha. I have no clue how to do it, so don't ask me!

Oh yeah! Before I forget, we went to Lecco last week, and let me just tell you....oh my gosh, that was kinda gorgeous. I will send some pictures, but it was kinda a slightly hazy day, so the pictures don't reflect just how beautiful it was. We are planning to go back. Don't worry. haha

Thank you all so much for your love and emails. I wish you all the best this week and I hope you have a great Easter season!

Statemi bene!
Anziano Langlois
PS. Computer is being lame. Pics next week.
Celebrating the March Birthdays


Milan East Zone March 18,2014
 

No comments:

Post a Comment