Monday, September 22, 2014

Ci Vedre-e-em, Ci Vedre-em!!! September 17, 2014

Ciao tutti!!!


Well, it's happening. Anziano Salmon is going home and I'm leaving Pavia. I can't believe how fast the past 7 months have gone. I still feel like I just barely got here in Pavia. Now, I bet you're all anxious to know where the Lord is sending me next. Any guesses? No? You don't know the name of any of the cities? That's no excuse. haha. I'm just kidding. I'm going to Ravenna to serve as a Capo Zona (zone leader) with Anziano Polson. I've never met him before but I've heard about him and he sounds a lot like Anziano Andersen, so it should be fun. I will be capo over Forlì, Rimini, Pesaro, and Ancona. So basically the bottom right hand side of our mission. But the the coolest part is......I get a car!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! So pumped. It's going to be great! I'm so excited. Not only for the car, but also for Ravenna. Anziano Salmon also served there, and so did Anziano Treadway, and Anziano Taylor, and both our AP's, so I've heard a lot about it, and I'm really excited. The funny thing is, even though I'm leaving Pavia, I'm bringing a part of it with me. Our vescovo here is from Ravenna and is actually moving there in the next few months. He works there during the week, so I will probably see him more than the missionaries here in Pavia! haha. 

I'm super grateful for the time I've spent here in Pavia. I've learned a lot and grown a lot as well. It feels like home here, so yeah, the past few days have been kinda hard. Saying goodbye is always difficult. 

Any who, my miracle from this week comes from the mostra we did this past Saturday in Centro with our members. We were there from 10-18 and we had the help of numerous members and it was great! They had such a great time. The members just started pairing off in two or asking one of the coppie to go with them so they could go talk to people. We passed out 600 volantini during those 8 hours. We will be having two more mostras over the next two weeks, so the members are excited. It really was a miracle to see the members and missionaries working so closely. I remember specifically that an older woman came up to us and a member who saw her first pushed me in her direction. I went and started talking to her, when all of a sudden the member was right at my side testifying to her. Then another member stepped in and began to bear her testimony. It was incredible. I literally said nothing. I just sat and watched our amazing members working their hardest to share the gospel that they love so much.

Some other little miracles: we went to visit a less active family in this paesino and because they don't have a car, we took the train to the middle of nowhere and walked on the road to their house (like we've done a couple of times before). Then after the lesson, we walked back. We got 5 of the 6 kilometers when a car stops in front of us on the road and we hear "Anziani, salite!!" (get in). Turns out it was this member couple who lives in the same paesino and they just happened to be going to the De Simone's bar for karaoke (butchered that), so they gave us a ride home! Crazy right! Miracles!!!!

Last miracle, I actually saw Pat and Cheri!!! We went to the train station at 1:45 and we waited....and waited....and waited. Soon an hour had gone past and we decided that their plane must have got delayed or they were in traffic and whatnot, so we started placing our pass along cards in very obvious places so they could see them and maybe call us from a pay phone. We did that, then decided to leave, because everyone comes right after you leave (especially buses). Any who, we saw a member, so we decided to follow him and after a minute or two, he turned around and asked us what we were doing. We told him how we were waiting for them, but we didn't know when they would show up. Then he said that we should go back and he would wait with us. Literally, we turn the corner and here come Pat and Cheri in their car, so they pulled over and we got to talk for a minute. It was absolutely crazy! I'm sure Pat will tell you the story as well, in his usual eloquent way. haha. It was really good to see them. They told me that you are all doing well, which makes me happy, especially to hear it from someone you know. Thank you for the box with goodies. I've been sharing it with my district and they all love you. However, I tried to make your cookies the other day, and they turned out horrible!!!! That's because there is no brown sugar here, so I tried to use cane sugar and mapleine. Let's just say that it tasted like pure sugar. It was kinda gross. haha. Oh well, I tried.

Speaking of my district, I'm going to miss them so much. I literally have been blessed with the best missionaries ever in my district. They are all so bravi and amazing. I'm going to miss them all so much, whether they are going home or just getting transferred, so even just staying there (because I'm moving). The Lord really does let us feel his love for people. My heart is so full of joy and love for these missionaries and these members here. Hardest thing about the mission. Leaving. I can't even imagine what it would feel like to be in Salmon's shoes right now. 

I've learned so much so far in my mission, and I know I'm just going to learn even more even faster. Crazy crazy stuff.

In other random news, I've said two prayers in Spanish in the past week. Oh boy....that's hard stuff. But the members said I did a great job. It was pretty much like praying for the BYU sports teams. haha.

Lizzy, all I have to say is....hang in there, and enjoy it. I kinda miss high school and wish I had been better at being a missionary to my friends. Keep being the great example that I know you are and don't be afraid to share your testimony with those you friends with. You never know who the Lord is preparing to receive the gospel. College apps are hard, I know. But just keep working on them, one by one, and you'll be able to do it easily. You are such an awesome sister and I brag about you all the time. And I know how random it is, but please send me a picture of you NOT smiling. Thanks. Love you so much! Keep being awesome!

I love you all so much family and friends. I'm so grateful to be serving a mission right now. This is where I need to be. I know it. The Lord needs me in Ravenna and I'm so excited to go forth and serve him with all that I've got. I figure I've only got one city left after Ravenna, so I need to make this time count!

Have the best week ever everyone!!!!
Anziano Langlois










All the way to Italy to Home Teach!

No comments:

Post a Comment