Sunday, September 21, 2014

It's A Crazy Roller Coaster Ride September 10, 2014

Ciao tutti!!!

This week has been pretty crazy. My head has been everywhere and back again. Basically, we had some really hard trials this week, but we were blessed with tons of miracles, so it kinda balances out.

I'll start with the hardships and end with the good stuff, we the email ends happy. Basically, work's been hard right now in Pavia and this week, one of our new converts told us that he won't be coming to church anymore and it literally broke my heart. I thought there was hope when I called him later in the week, but the second time we even worse. It's really hard. My heart has been hurting a lot this week because I love this person so much. It's really sad and I just want to help him all I can, but I can't do anything because we can't even see him.

But, we had some really good miracles to help us through the week. One day when we went to pass by this new convert, we got stopped twice in a matter of 10 minutes, which doesn't really happen. The first guy started talking to me on the bus and after we finished talking, turns out that he got on the wrong bus. Miracle!!!!

Then, I got to teach Elder's quorum with the other Anziani in front of the Stake president. No biggie. We talked a lot about how members and missionaries should be working together and how to better use PMG (Preach My Gospel) in their lives. The Stake president came up after and thanked me. Then another member gave me a piece of paper with his contact info that said "You're welcome in Italy". It was so sweet. I really do love these members here in Pavia. With transfers right around the corner, time is going too fast. I'm going to miss them. I've been here so long, so it's like home. It will be weird to leave. I technically don't know if I'm leaving or not yet, but the AP's kinda told me that I was leaving. Besides, I've been here for 7 months already. I'm kinda ready to leave. But we'll see.

Miracle time. 

One night this week, we were planning what to do the next day, specifically for a 30 minute period of free time we had. We thought about what to do and we decided to search for "the one" on the fiume near our house. After finishing 12 week, I stood up and looked out the window. I immediately saw this man sitting by himself on a bench, so I turned to Anz Johnson and told him that man was "the one" and we needed to talk to him. We went and talked to him and ended up teaching him a quick lesson. We got his number and address and a return appointment for the next day to meet his family. We went to his house the next day and taught his wife and youngest daughter the Restoration. They gladly listened to us and accepted the challenge to read the LdM (Book of Mormon). Then we came by a few days later because we were in the area and we met the other two daughters. This family is from Santo Domingo and amazing. It was such a blessing to see the Lord place someone in our path to fulfill our plans for the day. 

Yesterday, we had Zone conference with Milano Ovest and I was able to see Anz Windley after 7 months. It was so great to see him. We started laughing and joking around again, just like in Prato. A Sorella in my district commented how we were basically the best of friends, which we are. I missed him so much. It was so great to see him. I really hope we get to serve together again (at least in the same district or city). I also got to see Sorella Carter from my MTC district, so that was awesome. I love zone conferences. They are so much fun. Something that President Dibb asked us to do is talk to at least 3 people for every 15 minutes we are on public transport. I've been trying to work on talking to more people on public transportation and last night when we were coming home from English class, I started talking to this man near by, and turns out that HE wanted us to come and meet him again. I love it when that happens. So, I'm really trying to become a better disciple of Christ everyday.

Then, on a silly note. We had a FHE with one of the Sorelle's simps who is in the hospital and we wanted to cheer her up and give her something special, so we decided to sing the dwarf song from the Hobbit. Yes, but it doesn't stop there. We also make beards out of yarn and wore them why we sang. It's pretty darn funny. I will try and send you the video next week. It's pretty funny. She loved it and it really helped lift her spirits. I love making people happy.

I will be at the station tomorrow, so I'm sure you'll hear about it from Pat and Cheri first. I'm excited to see them.

Dad, I'm super pumped to hear that we killed Texas AGAIN!!!!! WHOOO!!!!!! BYU BYU BYU BYU!!!!!!!! I don't know why we can't beat the easy teams then. haha. Oh BYU. Gotta love them. Bad sports and all.

Well, I hope you all have had a good week. Keep working hard, and keep on sharing the gospel with everyone!!!! I love you all so much!

Anziano Langlois

No comments:

Post a Comment