Saturday, November 30, 2013

This is Going to Be Fun! November 27, 2013

Ciao tutti!!

Well, transfers are this week, and I am very happy to say that I will be staying here in beautiful Prato for yet another transfer. Anziano Walker is going off to Modena to be a Capo Zona, so I'm super proud of him. Anziano Anderson is going off to Bergamo with one of the famous Pinnocks, and his trainee, Anziano Windley is staying here and getting a new comp named Anziano Mollari. As for my new comp, I'm really excited. It's another Anziano Anderson, but this one is from my MTC District! I'm so excited!!!! It is going to be such a fun transfer. And on top of that, its almost Christmas, so the lights are all over the city and it is gorgeous. I love it here. It's still pretty humid, and by pretty humid, I mean freakin' humid and so its just bone-chilling freezing. The wind doesn't help at all, but oh well. Succede (it happens).

Well, just a few stories from this past week. So first of all, I tried to make Tiramisù again.....it was at least better this time. It was less soupy, but still soupy nonetheless. Oh well, I'll get it right one day. But we did use hot chocolate instead, so that was yummy. And speaking of that, send hot chocolate Mom!!! It's a great way to warm up when we get in for the night and all the bars are closed. Next, we played some good old calcio the other morning in the park right by our house. It was super fun and I kicked some butt, might I add, but that's not super important. haha. OK, so I've decided that it is SUPER WEIRD to hear American here. And yes, I mean American. American English is so weird to hear. There are so many tourists in Firenze, so it messes with my brain, because I'm so used to Italian now. Oh well. haha. In fact, when we were in Firenze last P-day, we ran into a couple American members. It was super weird, but awesome to talk to them. We took some pictures with them, so some of them might show up on Facebook. Next, I had another Dad mission flashback this week. One night Anziano Walker and I were doing casa and then we stopped to look at the bellissima Toscana sunset, and then I turned to Anziano Walker and asked him "What am I doing here with you? I should be here with my wife." I seriously can't even begin to explain how gorgeous this area is. In fact, we went down to Siena today for P-Day, and lets just say......WOW.....I took over 100 pictures, and none of them do it justice. That city is incredible. Also, in their basilica, they have the head of a Saint from about 1358 or something. It was pretty schifo. Kinda cool, but also really strange. Whatever, I still can't believe that I am here on my mission. I am so lucky. 

Next, we set a baptismal date!!! It was our first one of the transfer and it, just like a ton of other baptisms, is scheduled for the 21st of December. His name is Tullio, and he is awesome. He is so ready to be baptized. Last night, we were teaching him and then he asked us straight up if he could be baptized. We then felt prompted to set the date of the 21st with him. It was crazy inspired, because we hadn't talked about a date for him yet, and then we both thought of the 21st on the spot without saying anything to each other. It was such an incredible lesson and spirit. I'm so happy to be here in Prato still. I will really miss Anziano Walker, but Anziano Anderson and I are ready to get to work. We WILL baptize this transfer. I can promise that. This branch is growing so much and just talking about it now, I can feel the spirit. I know that sounds silly, but I love this branch so much and the people here.

As for news back home, thanks for the sport report. I'm really sad that BYU had such a bad week, especially because my team is out of the tourney now, but I'm super proud of them. They did great for losing so many good players last year. I've decided that Linda and Peter have the cutest kids ever because Ellie is adorable. I'm really jealous that I don't get to see them. I miss Jude like crazy. I was actually just writing Erin about this, but I can really feel your prayers and I thank you. Sometimes, it feels like you all are standing right there with me, helping me go on, when it gets tough and its pouring and I'm exhausted. I cannot begin to express how grateful I am for all of you. I pray for you all every night and I hope that though my letters you can feel the love I have for you, but more importantly, the love that your Father in Heaven has for you.

So yep, I'm staying here for Christmas, so I will start figuring out what I'm going to do for Skype and we will keep in touch. You are OK to send my package here to Prato now Mom. And I can't wait to hear from you all next week! I hope you all have an amazing week and watch out for a Christmas package from me in a few weeks. I'm really going to try and get it sent of this week, so it gets there in time, but we'll see. I love you all so much and I wish you the best of God's blessings!

Vi voglio tantissimo bene,
Anziano Langlois

PS: I'm still trying to work on sending pictures. I keep getting lame computers that don't work, but I promise they will come!

No comments:

Post a Comment