Thursday, December 5, 2013

Miracles December 4, 2013

Ciao tutti!!!

Alright, first things first. My address is:

Via Pietro Giannone 12/1
59100 Prato Italia

Second. I should be sending home a Christmas package soon, so expect that in a couple weeks. Next, that sounded like an awesome week for sports!!! That Auburn  v Alabama game sounded sweet! I love college football, its so much fun to watch. I'm really jealous of your Thanksgiving back home. Ours here was a little more hectic and crazy. So as you might have realized, Thanksgiving this year fell right on the day of transfers. Yay!!! And on top of that, Anziano Walker had an appointment to renew his permesso at the questura that day. So basically, the questura is like the DMV, but about 30 times worse. So we waited in line, only to find out that we had to come back later in the day, so we did, and then we waited even more. Then we got let inside, where we waited in yet another line. Then when he got to the window, it turns out that we didn't have his pictures for it, so he now has to come back on the morning of Christmas eve, fun. So we basically sat in line all morning, freezing our butts off, and not understanding a single word of what anyone was saying around us, (because  they were all Chinese) for nothing. It also took forever, because like I said, no one spoke Italian or anything, so there was this one lady who kinda spoke Italian, so they all tried to use her to communicate. It was really frustrating for the workers, so when Anziano Walker came up, they were super happy because he could speak Italian. Then we rode home and got his bags. We went to the train station and saw that our train was leaving, so I sprinted up the stairs with his super super super heavy bag (like easily 80 pounds) and I threw it on the train, and turned around to help him, but he wasn't there. So I ran back down the stairs and saw him at the bottom, so I grabbed his other super super super super heavy bag and sprinted up the stairs. I then slipped and smashed my knee into the stairs, but I got up and kept running, I got there right as the doors closed, and we watched as the train and one of his bags pulled away from the station. We then called the capi in Firenze and told them to look for his bag, they found it, so it was all good. Then coming back, Anziano Windley and I went to the wrong platform and so we missed our train. So we finally got back, and it was just a nightmare. But then we had a party for English class and they brought really good dolce, so it was all worth it. Now, Anziano Andersen and I are tearing it up here in Prato. He is from my MTC district, so that's awesome, and he's from Scottsdale Arizona.

Allora, next, we had a really good week full of miracles. As a companionship, we decided to set an alarm on our phone to go off every hour to remind us to pray. So we pray in the streets, on our bikes, and basically anywhere and everywhere. We have seen so many blessings already from doing this. It's crazy. On Sunday, I called an investigator that we were trying to get in contact with for the entire last transfer, and he answered and we set up an appointment with him! Then that same day, we had just finished church and this member walked up to me and told me that her friend wanted to take the lessons with us. He had been coming to church the past 2 weeks. We just taught him last night, and wow...the spirit was so strong. We have really been praying to have a baptism during December, and we set a baptismal date with him for the 28th!! It was super awesome and I still can't believe how great that lesson was. It was all the Lord's help, we couldn't have done it any other way. So yesterday, we got 2 new investigators and one with a bap date!!! MIRACLES!!!!!!!! It's so amazing how the Lord blesses us. I love being a missionary. It is super tiring. I am literally tired every single second and I sleep like a rock, but this is such an amazing experience. I can't possibly describe it.

Now, not everything goes smoothly in missionary work. The problems that occur are usually from means of transportation. My bike broke this week, so I had to get it fixed. And then yesterday, Anziano Andersen's tire exploded, so we had to get that fixed. And then Anziano Mollari's (Anziano Windley's comp) tires both popped today on our way to spesa. So yeah, bikes are a mess. Goodness me. They are really fun and fast, but boy are they annoying. Then when we went on a bus this week to the outer part of our area, there was a market in centro, so the bus took a different route than usual, so we had to walk super far to get to where we wanted to go, and then when we came back, there was no stop going the other way, so we had to basically walk back to Prato on the side of the highway. It was super windy and cold and dark. We held our bike light behind us so people wouldn't hit us. I got a funny video out of it, but it was pretty crazy. Oh the fun times you have on the mission. haha.

I really wish you all could be here to experience these adventures with me. I cannot describe what I feel every day. You feel the extreme opposite sides of emotion in about 30 seconds. You are colder than ever before, you are hotter than ever before. I've never been so tired in all my life, and yet, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I know this work is hard, but I also know that this is the Lord's work, and I'm here to serve him. I love being a missionary, and I can't believe that I will hit my 6 month mark next week. That is crazy. Time really flies when you're out here doing the same thing every single day. haha. We have so much fun and we do so much work. It's impossible to describe, but if you've serve a mission, you know exactly what I mean. This is one of the greatest experiences of my life and I am so grateful f or this opportunity to serve the Lord for 2 years. 

Random side note. My prayer timer just went off, so now I can check off praying in an internet point in Firenze. haha.

As always, thank you all so much for your love and your support. I pray for you all and I can feel your prayers. I hope to hear from you all soon, and I hope you are all excited for Christmas! I know I am!!

Vi voglio tanto bene,
Anziano Langlois

PS. Let me know about the US Men's soccer bid when you know Dad.

PSS. Sorry there are still no pictures. These computers are lame. As soon as I can send them, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment