Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Natale! December 18, 2013

Buon Natale! 

I can't believe that Christmas is next week! WHAT???? That's crazy. I'm so excited but it is going to be weird without everyone. I'm really excited to Skype you. And speaking of Skype, I know what time I will be doing it, but I don't know the Skype name. I'm going to do it at 5pm here, so it will be 8am for you guys. The name may or may not be in Italian, I have no clue, because we are using a members computers. I will probably try Mom first, and then if that doesn't work, I will move down the line until one works. I will have an hour max. It is encouraged to be around 40 minutes, so we will try and stop as close to that as possible.

Next matter of business, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA!!!!!!!! (I know your birthday is Sunday, but I didn't want to forget, so happy early birthday. haha). Also, Happy one day late anniversary Erin and Dan!!!! That's crazy that you've been married for 2 years. Time really does fly. 

Next, I sent my Christmas package last week, so it should hopefully be there the 23rd, if not, then it will be there after Christmas. I really hope it gets there, and I hope my package gets to me. haha. 

It's funny how Dad was telling me about Christmas lights, because we put up some lights of our own! We have a couple investigators that own a store and they saw us looking at the Christmas lights, so they gave them to us. We put them up in our room and they are on 24/7. No joke. When we leave the house, they are still on, when we sleep, they are still on. It's great. I love Christmas lights. The Christmas lights in centro are awesome. We have a giant, real tree in piazza comune, so I love passing by it and looking at it.

So, now let's get spiritual. So this week, I have really seen the power of prayer and how the Lord always answers our prayers. Like I mentioned last week, we answered one of our investigator's questions without even knowing it. Well, this week, we passed by again and just gave another spiritual thought and it turns out that we answered another question she had. And then after the prayer, our other investigator told me that he got his answer during my prayer. Then yesterday, we had no idea what we were going to teach this couple, so we prayed all day and thought of a million ideas, but none of them seemed right. We eventually came to the conclusion that we should watch the film Finding Faith in Christ. That was a good idea. The spirit was super strong, and even though there were firecrackers going off outside the entire lesson, the spirit was there and powerfully. The movie really touched them and then we basically had a testimony meeting with them and the members that were there with us. At the end, we ended up committing the couple to get married and baptised. However, they are going to wait until April, which was hard to swallow at first, but I know the Lord has his timing for them, and I prayed to know his will, so I completely recognize his work and his hand in this. I'm so excited for them and even though I probably won't be here when they get married, it doesn't matter, because they know its true and they are going to be following the saviours example and coming closer to him. I'm just so grateful for the opportunity to teach them and love them. They are really special to me and I'm so happy for them. You can really see the difference that they gospel has had in their life. I'm so grateful for this time to be a missionary and to help people come closer unto Christ.

Yesterday at lunch, I watched the Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration movie. I love that movie so much. It is so incredibly powerful and I felt the spirit so strongly. I can't describe how incredible and amazing the prophet Joseph Smith is. I am so grateful for the great faith that he had, and for the even larger trust he had in the Lord to put up with all of the persecutions and vile acts that he faced in his life time. I went out yesterday determined to share my testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith to the people here in Prato and that's what I did. I passed out about 4 or 5 pamphlets about him in about an hour, which is pretty good for the circumstances we had. My heart is so full of gratitude for my Father in Heaven and for the restoration of the church of Jesus Christ through the boyhood prophet. The Book of Mormon contains a fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ and we can receive a powerful testimony of Joseph Smith and his divine mission by reading that book and praying about it. I love this gospel with all of my heart and I love you all so much. I want everyone to feel this joy that I feel for my savior every day. What a beautiful time of year to remember our savior and what he did for us.

Thank you, like always for your emails, prayers, and support. I love you all so much and I hope you all have an amazing Christmas. Just a heads up, I probably won't be able to get an email out next week because p-day is on Christmas. But I will be able to see you on skype, and I can't wait. I hope you all have an amazing week.

Vi voglio tanto bene tutti,
Anziano Langlois

PS. It looks like I still have no luck on sending my pictures. They will come, I promise. Speriamo bene...haha

No comments:

Post a Comment