Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Un Vento Nuovo November 20, 2013

Ciao tutti!!!

Let me just start by saying thank you to everyone for your emails and prayers and support in general. It seriously means the world to me. I love you all so much. 

And now onto the week. So let me just start by saying that its really windy here in Prato. I know I mentioned that last time, but its seriously been really windy for the past 2 weeks and its always right in our face when we are riding back home at the end of the day. Goodness me. And it also doesn't help to have that wind when you need to be home in 8 minutes and you are halfway across the city like we were last night. I don't know how we did it, but we did. My legs had never been so tired. But we were blessed with no cars and all green lights. It really was a miracle, and the lesson went really well. Besides the wind, this area is gorgeous. We went out and explored the far reaches of our area this week and we basically rode our bikes through the Tuscan hills. Yeah, it was pretty awesome. Dad, you are going to love to visit this city, because there are a ton of fun things you can do on bikes. So we went to this little town called Calenzano and we found a castle. From this castle, we could see the Firenze Duomo. Sure it was a little foggy, but still incredible. I cannot think of a more beautiful area of the world to be. Tuscana is amazing. Simply breath-taking. I still can't believe I live here.

Any who, on to some more spiritual matters. We had a baptism this week!!!! It was for the other Anziani, but it was still really exciting. The baptismal service  was incredible and really spiritual. We had two investigators come and they felt the spirit really strong. They are both going to get baptized in the near future. I love the work here. We are teaching a ton of lessons each week and we have some really solid investigators, so I'm super happy. One of these investigators is actually American. He is here on study abroad and we met him on the street and then met him the next day and taught him. He is super humble and was really open and willing to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it is true. We can only see him on the weekends, but I'm really excited to go and teach him again. He is so ready to hear the gospel and we were so lucky to find him.

This past week, we really tried to push our number of new investigators we find, because as a mission, we are really trying to teach more people and hasten the Lord's work here. So we set our goal in weekly planning, but then at District meeting, Anziano Walker told us to increase our goal by 2, so we wanted to get 5 new investigators this week. We got 2 during the week, but then it came to the last day of the week and we still needed 3 more. Our 1 lesson that day cancelled, so we had a lot of time to do some finding work. So we literally talked to EVERYBODY for about 6 hours straight. We taught a bunch of lessons, but couldn't set up any return appointments. So we decided to call some old potentials and try to set up lessons with them. We got two set up. 2 new investigators. Then we pushed really hard to get the last one. We even stayed out an hour longer than we had originally planned to search for that last person. We were working so hard, but we couldn't find them. At the end of the day though, we looked back and realized that we had really good gospel centered conversations with a lot of people and we even got some phone numbers that we can call later. Although it wasn't in the way we were expecting, the Lord really blessed us. We have been working so hard and the Lord is giving us people to teach. The Lord will always bless us when we are obedient, but sometimes its not in the way we are expecting. We just need to keep our "eyes and ears of faith" open. I really love that phrase from Elder Bednar's talk.

On other silly news, I tried to make tiramisù this week. Well.....turns out I made tiramisoup instead. I messed up. It was still good...ish, but it was just really liquidy. I'm going to try again this week and don't worry. I've asked a couple expert Italians on their tips. So I'm pretty sure I know what I did wrong.

Dad, as always, I love the sport reports, so keep them coming. It's been a really good week for BYU sports. I'm really happy that they killed Weber St. 4-0. That's so awesome. Go cougars!!!! As for other sports news, it was a week for crazy endings to every game. That USC Stanford game sounded crazy. And Big Blue pulling off the literally last second field goal is crazy. I'm really happy Kershaw won the Cy Young award. He deserved it. He had a great season. And it gives the Dodgers some more recognition. Lets hope they can continue their great season next year.

I'm sad to hear that my bed's gone, but I'm really happy to know that it went to a good place. I'm all for helping those in need. And sorry about all the stuff still left in there. I'm glad to hear that WHS is doing well this year, and I can't believe that it is already time for finals. Wish them all my best, especially Madz.

I guess someone else did send me a package. But..who knows. I still haven't got it yet, so we'll see when it comes. As for sending me things. I'm most likely going to be here for Christmas, but I will know for sure next week, so I will tell you. If I stay, just send everything directly here. It's a lot easier, and I get it faster.

As for Skyping at Christmas, I may go to a member's house or just an Internet point, I'm not sure yet. But I will let you know. And it will be through Skype, so you don't need to worry about getting anything different. Thank you so much for the picture. It absolutely rocks. Oh the memories. And as for requests on my package, peanut butter. And that's all I can really think of right now. haha. I will keep you posted on that.

I'm so glad everyone enjoys my letters. I wish you could all be here with 
me to experience these things, because I can't put it all into words. Thank you again for everything. I love you all so much and I wish you all an amazing week!

Vi voglio bene,

Anziano Langlois

PS. The computer I'm using isn't reading my USB, so I will send pictures next week. We are in Firenze today again, so I will have a ton of great and amazing pictures to send you. Lets hope it stops raining though. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment