Monday, May 11, 2015

3...4...5 May 6, 2015

Ciao tutti!!!

Basically, 3 is the magic number right now. I'm serving in Bergamo 3, we are in a trio, and there are only 3 more weeks left in my mission. Crazy stuff.

Well, first of all, we will not be in a trio after Friday. Anz Gibbons is getting transferred to Pistoia (the Prato ward) and Anz Lingardo and I will be holding down the fort here in Bergamo by ourselves. That's right. I started with 4, then went down to 3, and now I will be finishing with 2. It's been a crazy last transfer. haha. However, now that we have official control over all of Bergamo 3, we should have a lot more work. We have already seen some really good success this week.

For example:
On Monday, the 4th, (or May the 4th be with you), we got 4 new investigators. They were all people that we had taught before, but we finally got a return appointment, so they all became new simps on Monday. Then on Tuesday, the 5th, (or Cinco de Mayo or Revenge of the 5th), we taught 5 lessons. It was amazing!!! We are such great success yesterday and we even got a new investigator who is really cool. In fact, he called us today to just say hi to us and to tell us that he will be free tomorrow so he doesn't have to wait until Saturday to see us. Talk about elect. So yeah, we are pretty happy right now.
Thinking about my mission in general, I've realized the past few days that I am literally at the top of my "Missionary" game right now. All the things that used to scare me or make me feel awkward, don't bother me at all anymore. I may only have 3 weeks left, but I'm pretty sure they are going to be the three best weeks ever. I'm literally trying to teach Anz Lingardo at every turn and just leave as much as my knowledge as I can. I've very grateful to be here in Italy right now. This is a beautiful country and I love this people. I'm really going to miss it. It hasn't quite hit me yet, but I think it will be like a semi truck when I walk off that plane in LAX.

Am I ready to go home? No. I don't think so. I'm ready to start the rest of my life, but I'm not ready to leave all of this behind. It's become such a part of me. It's times like this when I feel like Moroni, weak in writing. haha

Life sounds to be really good for you all and I'm really happy to hear that.
Dodgers in 1st place is great news, and even better news that the Clippers beat the Spurs. (Cue dad "YES YES YES!!!!"). I'd like to go to a game before I head back to school if that's possible dad, but we have all summer to do that, so don't worry about it right away.

Speaking of giving talks, I was just assigned another talk for my last Sunday here in Italy. Guess what its called...."The last days in the mission". A fitting title, no? haha. What makes it even better is the fact that Anz Lingardo is speaking right before me on "The first days in the mission". Someone's got a sense of humor in the branch presidency.

OK, returning home stuff.  I love parties. I will definitely put together a slideshow for that, but I will wait until I'm home to do that. Speaking of my homecoming, did you make it a Facebook event yet? No? Then please do it :) And if yes, then thank you!

How many people are coming to pick me up??? haha. And I'm totally ok with El Cholo, because I MISS REAL MEXICAN FOOD!!!!! The Italian version has no spice. Now, before you all freak out, yes, I'm still Eric. I am a lot less picky now. I love food. It is such an enjoyment for me now to eat. I can't wait to make you guys some of my favorite dishes.

I would like to work in the office with you dad. Would I still be doing my runner job, or will there be more stuff to do? Either way, I'm in. And as for my gym membership, I actually would like one. I like working out now. haha. And I need to get rid of my pasta gut! haha

Please give me some info on that math refresher course, because I'm going to need it. Maybe I can also try and contact my old Calc teacher, Mr. Korshavn, to see if he could give me a little refresher course too. haha.

Well, I don't know what else to say. haha. I will see you on Skype in a few days, and then I will actually be seeing you in just a few weeks. Don't get trunky on me now ;) haha

I love you all and I'm very excited to see you all very soon.

Anziano Langlois

No comments:

Post a Comment