Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy, Busy March 12, 2014

Ciao tutti!!!

Man oh man. It has been a super busy week. I've never been this busy in my entire mission so far. We are always running to lessons or teaching lessons or on a train to go teach another lesson. It's crazy.

So first of all, the weather is GRREAT here! I don't have to wear a jacket anymore! WHOHOO!!!!! In fact, I'm currently in a short sleeve white shirt, "aaaaannnd loving it". There is a down side to the warmer weather, we now have an ant invasion in our room. We discovered it one night when Anz. Parker squished a few ants, and then about 10 minutes later there were about 50 or so. So my companion, being the smart kid he is, put a piece of candy on a piece of paper and left it on the floor. When the ants swarmed, he tried to throw it out the window, but he wasn't fast enough and they all escaped, so he did it again. One night, we literally laid on the floor and looked at the ants for about 15 minutes. Oh the things that seem fun on a mission. haha.

 

Any who, talking about work now. Like you Dad, I'm super busy with work, albeit a different type of work, but work none the less. haha. I don't know what we are doing, but we are clearly doing something right. We keep getting referrals and teaching lessons like crazy. Although we only taught 8 lessons or so this week, 6 of them were in the presence of a member. Awesome!!! When I first got here, we didn't really try and bring members to lessons, so I asked one weekly planning why we weren't trying to get members to our lessons. So we decided to really focus on getting our members to lessons. After getting the first member to a lesson, everything just kinda fell into place. The members started making friends with our investigators and then at the end of the lessons, one of our members was asking when we could come back over and teach them. It was incredible. The power of having a member at each lesson is incredible. I never thought it would make such a difference, but it really does. The member's helped explain important parts of doctrine and bearing powerful testimony about the restored gospel. We are going to try and have members at every lesson we teach, because we have seen the difference that it makes. 

Like I kinda already mentioned, we are on trains a lot. That's because we are almost always in Voghera. We have a couple families we are teaching there and we just got another referral there. Also a bunch of our members live there, so when we go to visit them, we are out in that area. We are now spending about 4 or 5 days each week in Voghera. It's crazy. We are pretty much the Voghera Anziani. Yesterday, we went out to Mortara which is about 45 minutes away on a sketchy little one car train through all these fields and small small towns. Anziano Parker thought we were going to die. haha. But anyway, we went out there to meet one of our investigators and we taught him a really awesome lesson about the plan of salvation. It's a really sad situation, because when he was coming here to Italy from Africa, their ship capsized and his pregnant wife drowned, so now he is here all alone. He's a very humble man and he recognizes all of the blessings that he has in his life and keeps on trying to get closer to God. He was really touched by the gospel's message about eternal families. I love teaching people. I love this gospel and being able to share the joy that it brings with the people here in Italy. I just love it.

In funny news, I got stopped by the po-po last week. We were walking in Voghera to go to a lesson, when we saw a cop car drive past. Then we saw them parked on the side of the road up ahead, and I had a feeling that they wanted to talk to us. Sure enough, as we walked past they asked to see our documents. We gave them to them and then they went and sat in their car for about 10 minutes running them through their computer. Then they came back out and gave us our documents back and started talking to us about who we were, why we were here and the usual questions. Then we started talking about California because one of them had taken a trip there. Then the other one told us that Italian police do nothing except check things. I wasn't going to say it, but he's totally right. There are about 5 different types of police here and they all do nothing pretty much. Oh Italy....gotta love it. Any who, they then let us go, but not before I invited them to come to church and gave them a pass along card. Always doing missionary work, yeah! I'm pretty sure they just stopped us because they were bored and wanted someone to talk to. But oh well. I thought it was funny.

Well, its crazy to think that my birthday is coming up. Time is going by so fast, it's crazy!!! If its not too late, would it be possible for you to throw my jazz band CD in the package? I've been kinda craving some jazz recently. haha. If not, don't sweat it. And speaking of jazz CD's, when is the new one going to be done? It's been like almost 2 years. I could serve a mission in that time! haha...bad joke.

Love the sports updates, like always. Love hearing about life back home. Sad to hear that Cecil got released as BYU President. Now what am I going to do when we make a free throw at the games???? Well, I can't really think of anything else at the moment, so I hope everything is going well back at the home front. Basically, I love you guys a lot. Like a lot a lot. I miss you all like crazy and I can't believe how fast time is going. Again, you all mean a lot to me, and thank you so much for your support and prayers. I love you all and I wish you the best.

Vi voglio tanto bene,
Anziano Langlois
 

No comments:

Post a Comment