Sunday, April 19, 2015

Langlois and Juliet April 15, 2015

Ciao tutti!!!!!!

This has been a tiring week. I don't know if its just me getting more and more tired ever day or the ever increasing heat, but I'm tired. My body is just kinda tired. It didn't help that this week, we had Stake Conference in Verona (finally got to see it!!!!) and to get there in time we had to wake up at 4:30 to catch the train. That kinda threw off my sleep schedule, but I'm surviving. Don't worry, I'm still enthusiastic for the work, even though its not going super great right now. I know that there are still people for me to find here in Bergamo. Anz Lingardo and I were talking about how we want to improve for this next transfer together, and we are going to work our butts off. This is my last one, so there is no time for screw-ups. I've only got 6 short weeks left and I want to make them count.

A miracle from yesterday. We had a lesson cancel during the morning, so on our way home to do 12 week, we stopped this man. After talking to him for a little bit, we found out that not only did he used to come to church, but he had also been to a baptism before here in Bergamo. He told us that he had a Book of Mormon, but he had lost it. When we told him that we could get him another copy, he was more than willing to exchange numbers and meet us again. We also found out that his sister also used to come to church and still lives here in Bergamo. We will hopefully be able to bring both of these siblings back into the gospel.

Like I mentioned earlier, we went to Stake Conference in Verona this past Sunday. It was so awesome. That city is gorgeous. It's just got such a cool feel to it. Super touristy, but I liked it. I got to see "Juliet's house", which was pretty cool. I think it would be worth a a quick stop by on our trip. But the best part of conference was the area 70, Elder Kearon, who came to speak to us. He is such a cool man. It was really weird to hear him speak in English and then have it translated into Italian. It's odd to hear the same thing is two different languages that you understand. haha

He gave some really powerful talks, especially his Saturday evening talk during the adult session. After the Sunday session, I had the opportunity to go and talk to him for just a few seconds, but he was very nice and grateful for us as missionaries.

In a more touristy sense, last p-day, Linghi (Anz Lingardo) and I went and hiked to the top of the mountain to the Bergamo cross (Canto Alto). It was a pretty hard hike. Got pretty slippery and steep in a couple spots, but nothing dangerous. The view from the top was amazing. Looking straight out into the snow covered alps. I love nature. I'll try and send some pictures.

I'm excited to see you all in a few weeks. That's totally crazy.

Well, I love you all so much and I wish you all the best in these next few weeks.

Sorry this email is kinda lame, I'm really tired right now. haha. I'm like falling asleep at the computer. haha

Anziano Langlois

No comments:

Post a Comment