Friday, April 10, 2015

I'm Running Out of Catchy Titles April 8, 2015

Ciao tutti!!!!!!
Just wanted to let you all know that I love you all! As many of you know, this past weekend was General Conference when we have the sacred opportunity to listen to the Lord's prophets and apostles speak to us. There was an underlying theme of the importance of the family, so I just wanted to let you all know that I love you a lot. I really appreciate everything you do for me and the support that you have given me these past 2 years while I've been out serving the Lord. I'm very grateful for all of you.

Well, what happened this week....

We had some cool miracles this week. One came from last week, like Thursday or something. Anz Lingardo and I had all of our lessons cancel on us and so we spent the whole day during finding work. We walked A LOT that day. We tried everything to find people to teach. We stopped people on the street, we did pass bys, phone calls, and nothing was working out. At around 7:30 we decided to suone this palazzo where a less active "lives". The first person let us in subito. Super cool. Turns out to be a really nice old lady who didn't want to listen to us, but just wanted to know who we were. So we went to the top floor and knocked all the doors on our way down this 6 story building. No real luck, until the 2nd floor. We heard a kid literally screaming his head off behind this door, so we knocked it. The father came to the door and invited us to come back the next day. We then looked at the clock and it was about 8:00 and we needed to start getting back home, but we decided to just finish the rest of the doors. Good thing we did. We then met this African man who let us in. We watched "Because He Lives" with him, bore our testimonies, and set up a return appointment for the next morning. We kept on going. The next door told us to come back when the husband was home on Saturday. It was super awesome! Even though we were tired and wanted to give up, we kept on pushing and the miracles came. When we called President Dibb to tell him about our miracle, he laughed and told us that he wants to know when we've baptized the whole building. haha.

Then another miracle came from a scambio I did with one of the missionaries in my district. He goes home next week, so we were a pretty experienced companionship. haha. That morning, we went out to this park and we found this man sitting on a bench. We just started a casual conversation with him and he told us that he met with the missionaries in Nigeria, but he had lost contact with the church when he moved to Italy and was searching for it again, but could never find it. We then sat down and taught a quick lesson and bore our testimonies about how God often answers prayers through other people and how us meeting on that bench was an answer to his prayers. We are going to see him again tomorrow, so we are excited.

Well, time keeps going by and we're still working hard. My body is kinda at its breaking point, but I think it will survive a few more weeks. haha

I love you all so much and I really appreciate all that you do for me. I'll see you all in a few short weeks, so behave yourselves. haha

Anziano Langlois

No comments:

Post a Comment