Sunday, December 7, 2014

Rainvenna December 3, 2014

Ciao tutti.

Well, it's been raining literally for the past week straight. It's not super fun. I'm very wet. Good thing we're on a new month, so we have a new set of kilometers for the car. Now we can use it instead of biking in the rain, like we've been doing.

It sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving day weekend. Ours was pretty good too. We preached the gospel. haha. We did have a Thanksgiving day party that was a good success. We had twice as many nonmembers as members there. Talk about awesome. They was literally enough dolci to sink a ship, like Anz Polson always says. I didn't end up eating anything that night though because there were literally always people around the food table and the whole reason we did that activity is to meet new people, so I went around and talked to a ton of people. Our members said that it was the most successful activity that they have ever had. Awesome, right?

We also went and played some calcio this week with some of our investigators. It was super fun. I know it doesn't really matter, but I totally killed it. I played really well. I'm getting a lot better. I also played against an ex pro soccer player....maybe....still not sure about that one. But I did beat him. hehehe..get schooled son.

In random news, we've been trying to get our car fixed ever since before I got here, when the anziani before me got in an accident, and we just now are getting it fixed this week....maybe. And then we just found out that we need an oil change. I'm tempted to just do it myself, but I don't think the mission will let us. Everything relating to cars here is super expensive. Holy cow. Over 1000 euro for just two plastic parts. It's a total ripoff. 

We also had some success this week with social media finding. We are really focusing on getting our members to use social media to share the gospel. We had a member come to teach a lesson with us, but unfortunately our investigator didn't show up. So we decided to watch He is the Gift with him, and then we asked him if he knew of anyone that would benefit from this Christmas message. He immediately pulled out four or five names and that very night, sent off this video to his friends. It was great. We will be following up on these friends of his shortly.

Speaking of that video. you should all go watch it. I also want you mom or Lizzy or someone to post that video on my Facebook with this status:

Christmas is such a special time of year. It's not because of the presents or the fact that families are usually together. It's because the whole world, regardless of their circumstance, career, or belief, turns their heart toward the first and ultimate gift of Christmas; the savior, Jesus Christ. He is the gift that keeps on giving. We can find more happiness and satisfaction in our lives thanks to Him, then we could ever find on our own. He lives. I testify that He loves every one of us. Discover what He offers you. Embrace His loving grace. Share the joy it brings with everyone. #sharethegift

I'm so grateful that our Heavenly Father inspired men throughout history to create the technology that we have today, like the internet, social media, smart phones. I know that this is a fulfillment of the ancient prophecy that every nation, people, and tongue will hear the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

I love serving the Lord. I can't believe I have only 6 months left to serve Him here in Italia. I truly am blessed in more ways than you can imagine. I love this country. I love these people. I love the gospel. I love my savior.

Anziano Langlois 

No comments:

Post a Comment