Saturday, August 24, 2013

Time Flies August 21. 2013

Ciao tutti!!

I can't believe I'm already half way though my first transfer, its super strange because its felt really short, but also really long at the same time. I know I keep saying that, but its really a weird feeling and I still haven't got used to it. Oh well.

So this week, we didn't go anywhere super special, we just stayed here in Genova, but we went bowling! 3 games and shoes for 5 Euros, now that's a bargain! I will attach some pictures of that, and just of some other things from old pictures. If I send a duplicate, I'm sorry. 

First of all, holy cow!!!!!! The Dodgers would get really good as soon as I leave...those bums. But I'm super excited about that! Especially because one of the Anziani in our apartment is a big Giants fan. haha. USA soccer is on fire!!! A 12 game winning streak???? That's nuts!!!! They better keep this up, I want to see them go deep into the World Cup next year. While we were bowling today, there was a soccer game on TV and I may or may not have glanced at it a little bit. haha. I really do miss watching soccer, and I've yet to play it here! We are trying to find investigators that want to play so we can do some sport contacting, yeah!! 

So this past week Anziano Erickson and I went on a scambio together, just like the good old times!!! We were basically the blind leading the blind. haha. Actually, it wasn't that bad. I surprisingly understood a lot! We even taught a couple in the park, super awesome! We taught one of our investigators who isn't really progressing and after that lesson, Anziano Salmon and I decided to drop him, because he wasn't putting in any effort really. But we've seen a lot of miracles this week, and when we had the drop lesson with him, we watching "The Restoration" video and the spirit was really strong. After we explained to him that unless he starts putting in his own effort, we can't really help him. He then told us that he knows its true, but he doesn't really want to leave his church. He then told us that he will come to church on Sunday. Miracle!!!!!! We were so surprised!! I'm so excited and happy for him. He's so close.

Another miracle this week. We went out to do some pass bys in PrĂ  and one house was abandoned, and the other (like always) had a different name on the citofono. We suoned it anyway, and we found out that the family that we were looking for, no longer lived there. So we asked the man if he was interested in hearing our message and he said yes, but to come back in 30 min. So we did, and he immediately opened up, so we went up stairs. His door was open and he invited us in. I GOT INTO MY FIRST HOUSE DOING CASA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quick side note, just so you realize how awesome this is, Anziano Salmon is about a year into his mission, and this was only the 4th time he had gotten in doing casa. So we were really excited, and right as we were about to start the lesson, his sisters family came and he apologized to us, but said that we had to go, but we could come back the next day, so we did. He opened up immediately again and we found ourselves back at the same table. We taught him the 1st half of the Plan of Salvation, and the lesson went amazing. It was pretty much 90% in Spanish, but it was great. I then invited him to be baptized and he said yes!!! However, we can't set a date yet, because he's kinda under house arrest. Hopefully, he said, that it will be cleared up in 2 weeks or so, so we should be able to baptize him next transfer if all goes well. Anyway, this was a huge miracle because we have been working so hard and not really seen any success, but this really showed me just how much the Lord really is watching and helping us. I'm still so grateful for this miracle.

Ok, random facts time. So like I said last time, Italians are a funny people. The funny little thing that a lot of Italians do here that I want to share this week is "capisci Italiano?". So let me explain. We will start talking to someone (in Italian) and about 5 min into the conversation or so, they stop and ask us if we understand/speak Italian. Sometimes I just want to slap them and say "WHAT???? Did you really just ask me that? Of course I do, how do you think I've been talking to you." I never say this, but I'm always very nice and patient with them. I really do love the people here. They are so funny, it cracks me up. I can always find a reason to smile here. 

Ok, so a few nights ago, I found out why this place is called the windy city, because in the middle of the night we were all woken up by what was pretty much a hurricane. All our doors and windows were slamming closed and open (we've lost 2 glass sections on our doors to this). Not only this, but it was absolutely pouring rain and there was some of the loudest thunder that I had ever heard. It shook the house. And speaking of our house, it was struck by lighting at least 3 or 4 times. So it was a pretty crazy night, but then in the morning, it was like nothing had happened. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, and the weather was perfect. It was such a weird few hours. Oh well, gotta love it here!

So just a few last things as I'm finishing up. Lizzy, you're awesome. I love your letters and you are carrying on the Langlois name proudly. I have had the same exact experiences here. No one gets my random quotes. Oh well! Also, it may be hot at band camp, but be glad that there is no humidity, because that is what kills you. I can personally attest to that. Your show sounds like it is going to be amazing. That vanguard show is incredible, and if you show is anything like that, you are going to kill it in the GE category. Keep me updated on that.

Mom, I know this is going to sound crazy, but could you find me a people counter on amazon UK and send it to me? Its just one of those metal things with a single clicker and every time you press it, the tally goes up by one. I want one because I want to keep it in my pocket and count how many people I talk to on my mission. I know it sounds silly, but I would really like one. 

I'm really jealous of the garden, because I miss having free fresh fruits and vegetables. When walking around the mountainy areas of Genova, I had found wild berry plants, but they weren't really yet. I told Anziano Salmon that we had to go back in a few weeks when they are ready. haha. Also, that one Elder who was in the MTC with me, I'm pretty sure I talked to him, because I found a group going there and I told them to look for you if they were ever in TO. 

Anyway, as always, thank you so much for your love, support, and emails. I love you all so much and I couldn't be happier to be here. I can't wait to hear from you all again!

Vi voglio tantissimo bene!!

Anziano Langlois


No comments:

Post a Comment