Friday, July 12, 2013

2 More Weeks!! July 10, 2013

Ciao tutti!!!
Due setimani piu!!!! I can't wait to go to Italy already. I didn't know which email to send it to, so I just sent it to both. I can't believe how fast time has flown by. I've been out for a month already! I've seen a ton of people come and go. It's crazy how weird time passes here. I only have 23 months left. I may not speak the language perfectly, but I'm ready to go. I already love the people and I want to be with them. I've been emailing Anziano (Trevor) Morgan who is in Napoli right now, and it just makes me want to go to Italy even more!!!
I'm so excited to hear about your trip to New Jersey. I'm so jealous, it sounded like a blast. I can't wait to get out of these prison walls. In fact, we call the MTC here: Spirit Prison. haha We just found out today that we get to clean the temple next week. I'm so excited to  do that! I thought the last time I would go to the temple for two years was 2 weeks ago before it closed, but I guess I was wrong! haha. P-day is probably the most glorious day ever. Now that we can't go to the temple, I have time to take naps. Glorious naps!
Mom, we do not have the cousins, they come in next transfer when we leave. I forgot to ask my teachers about the pictures, but I will tomorrow. As for packages, I would really like a hacky-sac, we really like to play that here and I'd like to bring one to Italy. Also, if it is possible, I would love to have my moldable plastic. Besides that, I don't really need anything. My district really appreciated the rice krispy treats. Before I forget, I found out that I will be able to call you for a few minutes in the airport when we fly to Italy. I don't know what airport or when specifically I can call you, but I will find out. We fly out of SLC for Chicago around 11:15am on July 23rd. Then we have a 2 hour layover. Then we fly to London and have another two hour layover. Then we fly to Milano!!! I'm so excited to go, but its going to be a long day of traveling. Also, if you could please ask Patrick to email me transfer news from European Soccer that would be awesome. Thank you so much for the sports update Dad! I'm so glad the US is doing so well this year. I think we might have a good chance to go far this year. As long as we don't choke. I can't believe the Dodgers turned it around so fast! I miss sports so much. We never know what happens in the real world, so its nice to hear whats happening every now and then.
Back to New Jersey really quick. You all mentioned how hot and humid it was on the East coast. Well, I found out that when we get to Italy, it is going to be exactly like that. Oh joy!!!!!
Thank you again for the package. I love it all and I even used that foam stuff to celebrate 4th of July. I will attach a picture. For the 4th we had a speaker talk to us, and then we all watched 17 Miracles. I loved the movie, but I think the only reason they did it was so that all the missionaries would be inside during the Stadium of Fire performance. We then got ice cream and got to watch the fireworks. They weren't Tahoe, but they were fun.
Dad mentioned in his letter that when we don't have the Spirit, we don't teach as effectively as we do when we have the spirit. I actually had an experience with this. We were teaching our investigator, Daniel, and I thought we were prepared, but as soon as we started the lesson, I couldn't feel the Spirit as strong as normal. It was a hard lesson, and he had some hard questions, but we did our best to salvage the lesson. We left the lesson slightly discouraged, but we lifted out heads back up and pushed on. When we next taught him, we made sure we wouldn't let that happen again. This time, we were prepared. The lesson was so powerful and the spirit was so strong.  I was so excited and happy for him. I have such a strong testimony of the spirit and its power and influence as a teacher. I'm always going to do all that I can to always have the spirit with me so that I can be the teacher that the Lord needs me to be.
My Italian continues to improve every day. Anziano Erickson is learning really fast and I'm so proud of him. Yesterday in one of our lessons, he took charge and led the discussions. He bore a powerful testimony and I just sat back and watched the Spirit work through him. Fratello Jeter asked us and the Sorelle to make sure we SYL with the other Anziani to help them. He also asked us to sacrifice some of our study time to help the others with Italian. I spent one afternoon helping one of the struggling Anziani in my district and after helping him, he totally understood that things that were confusing him! I was so proud of him and his hard work. I know the Lord will bless those who serve their fellow man, and ultimately serve him.
So every Monday, we have the opportunity to teach members who volunteer their time to help us practice. They are all native Italians or went to Italy on their missions, so they speak really well and fast!! Last week, Anziano Erickson and I taught Sorella Hileman, who served her mission in Catania. She was so incredibly nice and helpful. She loved our message and our testimonies. She reminded me a lot of Grandma Fackrell. We taught her a 20 minute lesson like we were suppose to and we got ready t o leave, but then she sat and talked to us for 20 more minutes, so we weren't able to teach 2 lessons like we were suppose to. Whoops!! This week we taught Sorella Hansen. She is from Denmark and is fluently in like a million languages. She also served her mission in Catania. She spoke super fast, but I actually understood about 95% of what she was saying. After the lesson, she told my teacher that my Italian was great! I still have so much to learn though, and everyday I try harder and harder to master it.
This week we had a random day where it poured really hard for about 30 minutes, and there was enough thunder and lightning to shake the buildings. It was so cool!!! We just stood out in the rain because we were so sick of being locked inside for 6 hours. But while we ate dinner, it stopped and when we came out and the ground was completely dry. It was so weird! But because of the rain we couldn't go play calcio that night, so instead I played 3 square. Which was really fun and surprisingly intense. Some of the people were cut-throats!
Everyday Anziano Erickson and I bear our testimony to random people 2 times each. I love doing this! I love meeting new people and talking to them and finding out where they are from and where they are going and how their language is coming on. We met these two sisters going to Mongolia, and I am so glad I'm not going there. That language is hard and weird!!!. I also love bearing my testimony in Italian, it is so much fun to see peoples faces light up when they feel the spirit. One day this week I bore my testimony to these two Sisters going to the Philippines. Turns out that one of them was on the BYU Women's Soccer team and she recognized me!!. So we talked  for 10 minutes or so. She told me that she wants to give me one of their new posters before I leave, and  that she was really grateful for my dedicated fanmanship throughout the season. It's a small world!!
 Thank you all for writing me the week, I really appreciate it. Reading your letters and emails always brighten my day and make me feel loved. Keep it up!! Also, thank you all for keeping me in your prayers, I can feel an increased spirit because of them. I love you all and I hope to hear from you all soon! Until next week!!!
Vi voglio bene!!!! (I love you!)
Anziano Langlois
P.S. I really apologize for the increasingly worse grammar, spelling, and just overall continuity. We don't have a lot of time to write these, so I'm typing fast. And it doesn't help that the English part of my brain is shutting off more and more every day.



No comments:

Post a Comment