Monday, June 10, 2013

Arrivederci!

Hey everyone,

This is me saying goodbye to everyone! Tomorrow afternoon I am flying to the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah for the next six weeks to learn Italian. I'm so excited to go and can't believe that it's already here. I still remember when I first opened my mission call and I was so excited that I had to go reread it to make sure it said Milan Italy! Back then it seemed like this day would never come, but now it has. I've given my farewell, I've said goodbye to all of my friends, and tonight I'm getting set apart as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. As the world seems to flash on by me, I am oddly calm. I know I'm ready to go and serve the Lord for two years and I couldn't be more excited to just get out there and teach! I know I still have a lot to learn, but all the Lord asks for is a heart willing to serve and that's exactly how I feel right now. I am so ready to go and serve the people of Italy, to laugh with them, to struggle with them, and to help them grow closer to their savior. I know that this is what I'm suppose to be doing. I know that the Lord needs me in northern Italy and no one else could do the work that He has been preparing me my whole life to do. I know that this is the Lord's church on this Earth and that Jesus Christ is my savior and redeemer. I am so grateful for this gospel and the blessing that it is in my life. I am grateful for all the amazing people that I have met in my life, you all have had a profound influence on me and I will miss you all. I will see you all in two years. May God be with you till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment